Search found 1077 matches

Re: Front wheel arch liner/protection

Partial quote: It really is excellent stuff and not too dear - lots of offers on Ebay, 6 litres for £40 or so. After I saw the great looking results, I jumped on-line to order a few litres only to find out that here, it's a tad more dear here than in the UK. On eBay, Amazon, and the like, it's the ...
by Bud English
Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:25 pm

Forum: Elan Discussions
Topic: Front wheel arch liner/protection
Replies: 18
Views: 783

Re: +2 Rear struts - hubs

I'll agree with the springs and hub part, but the Hub/Damper Assy, etc. changed to the 050 series parts commencing with chassis #7762. There are numerous 050 parts used in the later elans and 026 and 036 parts used in the +2. Remember who built these. :wink:
by Bud English
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:10 am

Forum: Suspension / Steering / Brakes / Wheels / Tyres
Topic: +2 Rear struts - hubs
Replies: 6
Views: 388

Re: +2 Rear struts - hubs

A quick check of the parts manuals show that they have the same part numbers as the +2. There's a lot of overlap between the two and the parts lists in the WIKI is a good place to start.
by Bud English
Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:36 pm

Forum: Suspension / Steering / Brakes / Wheels / Tyres
Topic: +2 Rear struts - hubs
Replies: 6
Views: 388

Re: Nearing final assembly-Elan PLUS 2 bits still needed!

...Looking for the small hookwires attaching bits that screw onto the underside of the roof that are used to hold the headliner hoops on. Can't help with the other stuff but these "hookwires" are dead easy to DIY. Here are two links with good photos. Post by wotsisname showing the clips t...
by Bud English
Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:40 pm

Forum: Wanted or Needed
Topic: Nearing final assembly- Some Elan PLUS 2 bits still needed!
Replies: 3
Views: 444

Re: engine damage finally repaired

Thin pan gasket?
by Bud English
Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:04 pm

Forum: Engine / Exhaust / Cooling
Topic: engine damage finally repaired
Replies: 60
Views: 4006

Re: S130 Failsafe Headlamps adjust

Both up and down stops are adjustable. The rubber covers on the bolt heads wear over time, disintegrate, and may be missing. The bolts are poorly shown as item #30 in the parts list ( https://lotuselan.net/wiki/BN_-_Body_-_Headlamp_Vacuum_%2B2 ) and the covers aren't shown at all. After the pod trav...
by Bud English
Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:16 pm

Forum: Plus 2 Discussions
Topic: S130 Failsafe Headlamps adjust
Replies: 5
Views: 365

Re: connections to heater

It matters if you want the fan speed to match the switch label. Both wires terminate on the resistor. One wire goes straight from the switch to the motor connection side of the resistor, the other through the resistor to the motor. The red/green is HI speed from pin 1 on the switch (double connectio...
by Bud English
Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:47 pm

Forum: Electrical / Instruments
Topic: connections to heater
Replies: 4
Views: 382

Re: Let the pictures do the talking.

Ah, the P1800. That's another car I wish I hadn't passed up when I had a chance years ago. I've always admired those. Nice!
by Bud English
Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:32 am

Forum: General Lotus Discussions
Topic: Let the pictures do the talking.
Replies: 737
Views: 155315

Re: Bonnet frame attachment

As Alan stated, in the later cars the bar is modified to provide bonnet center support and some minimal adjustment for alignment of the body line at that point. Unfortunately, it's not documented in either the parts book or the workshop manual. It's not properly adjusted in the picture. bonnet cente...
by Bud English
Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:12 am

Forum: Body / Chassis / Frame
Topic: Bonnet frame attachment
Replies: 13
Views: 5504

Re: Federal Plus 2 Wiring Diagram

Nicely done Chris. As for RG and GR, The first letter is the colo(u)r of the wire color and the second is the tracer (stripe) color. RG is a red wire with a green tracer. GR is green with red.
by Bud English
Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:47 am

Topic: Federal Plus 2 Wiring Diagram
Replies: 7
Views: 4883

Re: Trick question?

Ouch! Gonna need a bigger hammer. :wink:
by Bud English
Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:31 pm

Forum: Free Parking
Topic: Trick question?
Replies: 15
Views: 5859

Re: Trick question?

It's the wheel bearing failure indicator or ultimate master caution light if you prefer. :shock:
by Bud English
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:06 pm

Trick question?

344555627_981211289539087_5837673234015899600_n.jpg and
!
by Bud English
Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:24 pm

Re: 71 Elan Plus 2S Tachometer Pegs at the flip of a switch!

Everybody calls that the ignition warning light, but it's really the exicter voltage supply circuit to the alternator. It comes on when you turn the key because the voltage on one side of the light is higher than the other. It goes out when the voltage on both sides is the same. You dont have the wi...
by Bud English
Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:44 pm

Topic: 71 Elan Plus 2S Tachometer Pegs at the flip of a switch!
Replies: 19
Views: 48166

Re: glove compartment restoration, '70 +2 federal

Looks like the -2S's are totally different from the non-S's. Pudge, you've got options. It sounds like switching to a magnetic latch is better than the original. Maybe someone with a non-S can confirm if the mounting to the dash is the same as I've shown or different as well.
by Bud English
Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:25 pm

Forum: Plus 2 Discussions
Topic: glove compartment restoration, '70 +2 federal
Replies: 11
Views: 5789
Next