UK Elan wanted for fashion shoot

PostPost by: WillBeaumont » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:26 pm

Hi,

We are looking for an Elan to use in a fashion shoot we are organising for the 24th or 25th of April (if it is possible we will try to arange it on the Saturday so if the weather is rubbish we have Sunday to fall back on, that all depends on if you are able to do that too of course). We have a vintage clothing shop supplying the clothes and we'd like a period car to use in the shoot as our first issue will be a transport special. We are based in the midlands (south Leicestershire) so the closer the better because we will come to you. The models and clothes will have to be moved (clothes will be in Derby and the models in London) so we are able to travel so being close would only be an added bonus. We aren't too fussed whether its an S1 or Sprint etc, I am not that knowledgeable on Elans so I don't really know the difference (that is unless it says Sprint down the side).

To get an idea of the magazine you can go to our website http://theidealist.co.uk/ its fairly basic at the moment as we are concentrating on our first issue. But, our media pack is on there too which is a bit more comprehensive. If you are interested, my email address is [email protected]

On a different note, I am a big car fan and I have a few photos of Elans in my collection. No one would probably ever see them if I didn't put them on the internet and thought you guys would be more receptive than anyone else.

WillBeaumont
New-tral

PostPost by: SADLOTUS » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:04 pm

cool :D
SADLOTUS
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:13 pm

Are some of those from the Doune hillclimb? and where will the photoshoot be done?

Might be able to help with attached...

I also have a show winning red and white ser 2 Lambretta also Shown, which is very photogenic.. (1960 machine)

PM me if any interst. and give me details....

Alex Black.
Attachments
show pics 009 (Copy).JPG and
show pics 003 [].JPG and
show pics 018 (Copy) (Copy).JPG and
show pics 001.JPG and
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Dr Brian » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:00 pm

Surely that's Shelsley not Doune.
Dr Brian
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: 69S4 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:28 am

Can't really compete with Alex's rosettes :lol: but I can do the Elan plus some 70's bikes. A few pics below. Transport for the bikes might be a problem though.

Stuart Holding
Thame UK / Alpe D'Huez France
69 S4 FHC
Honda GoldWing 1800
Honda CBX1000
Kawasaki H1 500
Yamaha XS2
69S4
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: WillBeaumont » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:16 am

Thank you very much for all your responses. There is really a fantastic group of people on this forum, with a fantastic collection of cars (and bikes!)

I will send emails/PMs out to all you guys who have offered to volunteer your cars, I can't thank you enough.

It is Shelsley Walsh in the pictures. I think it was a Paul Matty thing on that day as most of the pictures I have of that day were of some sort of Lotus. I went with my Dad as he used to race Lotus Sunbeams and we both really like most Lotus, I have to admit I have a real soft spot for a Lotus Cortina even more so, amazingly, than an Elan.
WillBeaumont
New-tral

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Lovely collection of bikes Stuart V V nice.... :D :D

Where was the 'Alpine' shot taken?

Cool...

Alex B..... 8)
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 69S4 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:15 pm

alexblack13 wrote:Where was the 'Alpine' shot taken?

Alex B..... 8)

Both the bike shots were taken fairly close to each other - about 50 miles south of Grenoble. The 400/4 pic was at La Garde, on the access road to Alpe D'Huez and the CBX one a bit further along the valley near the foot of the Col de Galibier. I'd run the 400/4 out of petrol and was waiting for my wife to come and rescue me (not from the UK, :D - we have a flat in Alpe D'Huez).
Stuart Holding
69 S4 FHC
Honda GoldWing 1800
Honda CBX1000
Kawasaki H1 500
Yamaha XS2
69S4
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:41 pm

fantastic.. It one could only g/tee weather like that and roads like those eh? I would never use the car!

Just lovely.. :wink:

AB.. 8)
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 69S4 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:29 pm

Just to update this, Will (the editor) did use my car for the shoot last week. They came down from Leicester and we spent an enjoyable 4-5hrs in some quiet lanes around where I live doing the photography. At least it was enjoyable for me, all I had to do was drive the car about two miles, move it a few times and eat lunch.

The models spent the time struggling into various bits of 70's fashion at the side of the road, much of which I could probably still find at the back of my wardrobe if I looked hard enough! Sadly I forgot to take any pics so I can't post anything but hopefully Will will grace us with a few when he's sorted through them all.
Stuart Holding
69 S4 FHC
Honda GoldWing 1800
Honda CBX1000
Kawasaki H1 500
Yamaha XS2
69S4
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: