Knobs

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:56 am

Tonyw wrote:Hi all,

Thank goodness Gary has a camera, thanks Gary.

Tonyw

Some old photos that were uploaded but somewhat hard to find. Most are from my S2 26/4997 or 27/4597

glove box pull

wiper knob

lighter and heater knob

lamp knob

dash lamp

These next photos are from when 26/4997 was disassembled, I have posted them before here but may have some problems finding them om this forum so this is a repost. They are pretty good for those that would like to see how it was that Lotus put them together or for those that would like to reassemble like Lotus did.

dash removal

dash back just out of the S2

garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: skelteanema » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:13 am

Hmmm interesting,

I just had a close inspection of my knobs. The existing ones on my 67 Elan S3 are like George and Gary describe with the recess that allows the knob to be dismantled. The ones I sourced from the Anglia seem to be a molded knob, and don't seem to be able to be taken apart, at least not in an obvious way. When I compare the knobs side by side they are subtly different in size and shape. Not enough to be obvious when in place but they are different. Maybe they are different manufacturers, or earlier/later years or maybe the Anglia knobs are different to the ones sourced for the Elan?
Skittle. 1967 Elan S3 DHC
skelteanema
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:15 am

type36lotus wrote:Here is where I ordered mine. http://www.zeni.net/trf/webcatalog/specials6.28/3.php

Images under the lens are a bit different, but they do fit the shafts correctly.

Heh, Heh, it would be fun to put an "Overdrive Pull" knob on the lights-lift pull.

8) :shock: 8) :mrgreen:
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: