Repeater indicators

PostPost by: John Larkin » Sat May 16, 2009 3:23 pm

I have decided to put repeater indicators on the front wings of my S3 coupe. Can anyone tell me exactly where they were located on the S3 and S4 models that had them factory fitted? Ideally I'm looking for a dimension of height above the top lip of the wheelarch, and horizontally from some other reference such as the leading edge of the door opening.

Regards,

John Larkin.
1967 S3SE FHC, 1974 Rover P6B, 1949 Lancia Aprilia
John Larkin
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elan_fan » Sat May 16, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi John I Suspect that as with most details they are located where the bloke at Lotus fancied putting them. Mine are 14.5" from the lead edge of the main vertical part of the door opening and 8" forward from the edge of the bonnet opening across the top of the front wing. If you mark this position with a marker the place would be approx half way up the bonnet opening, to rear of the wheel arch and kind of level with an imaginary sweeping arc from the edge of the light pod opening to the upper edge of the door below the windscreen corner.

regards
Mark
elan_fan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: oldelanman » Sat May 16, 2009 4:59 pm

Hi John,
Mine are in much the same place as Mark's. They actually sit on the same level as the top edge of the door aperture (see pic)
Attachments
Side repeater.jpg and
Roger
S4 DHC
oldelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Allison » Sat May 16, 2009 6:00 pm

John,

not sure whether they were standard - our February 1967 Elan does not have them but the November one does. The rear of the repeater is about in line with the front of the thermostat housing. Check your flasher unit - ours are not interchangeable.

Peter
Allison
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: