Seatbelt attachment

PostPost by: Steve G » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:22 pm

I have removed the Spyder roll over bar from my S4 DHC and now I need to refit the seatbelts, I obviously need new bolts that are shorter but I can't see how they are attached at shoulder level. They used to anchor to the roll over bar but there are no equivalent points on the body. There are two slots behind the seats and I could see how the belts could feed through here and bolt to the bottom mountings. Is this the correct way to do it?

My engine is all fully rebuilt now and even painted. Over 70 hours of labour altogether, not including mine for removing it! I'm picking it up this week so I've got to get all the other bits done so it's ready for the MOT. I've got the TTR steering wheel on and it looks great even without a horn push. The seat rails are now mounted on the second groove further back so there is about three inches more legroom, along with the steering wheel sitting much closer to the dash I can now fit in it comfortably. The car looks so much nicer without the roll over bar. I'm going to fit the Spyder backbone/sill connection bars and keep the sill and footwell bars in place.

Do you know where I can get the seatbelt mountings from?
Steve G
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: oldelanman » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:03 pm

Hi Steve,
The seat belt upper fixing point is behind the slot in the backboard you refer to. There is a right angled adapter which passes through the body and screws into a bracket on the top of the suspension tower. You may find that the mount and the adapter are still there on your car if you are lucky. This was the mounting for the original lap/diagonal belt - is that what you have or did you have inertia reels mounted on the roll bar? If you do have inertia reels refitting them without the roll bar to mount them on is a bit tricky - it's difficult to find room for the reel. There have been several threads on this subject in the past which might give you some ideas.

Regards,
Attachments
Seat belt top mount 004.jpg and
Roger
S4 DHC
oldelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan71 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:19 am

This is what it looks like from below.

Alan
Attachments
seatbelt mounting.jpg and
alan71
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Steve G » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks Roger, I do have a diagonal/lap bet and not an inertia reel one, I will remove the backboard and look for the mounting point now.

Thanks for the other pic too Alan.
Steve G
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: