123 distributor

PostPost by: sulzeruk » Tue May 17, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi all, I have just bought a 123 distributor for my E type and wondered if they make them for the twin cam engine? Had a look on their website but couldn't see one listed for the Lucas equivalent? Anyone know if they do one?
Alasdair
sulzeruk
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Tue May 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Alasdair

There have been a few threads on them for the TC, so check out a search on "123" perhaps for more info. The (I think) Dutch supplier lists one for the TC; I found the cost prohibitive when I emailed him, but I have additional shipping charges to Canada. I am pretty sure I posted the link in one of the threads.

elan-f15/any-recent-news-123-ignition-t21531.html

Thing I would like to see in a 123 for the TC would be a custom array of 10 or 12 advance curves that suit Weber/Delorto, Stromberg, various states of tune, etc. I don't see a big advantage to what they are offering now, as I think they ship it with the standard range of advance curves, of which only three or four suit the TC. I did quite a lot of hunting around to see about getting a more suitable array of curves flashed into the unit, but this does not appear to be offered at this time.

SteveW, who used to post here, installed one on his Elan, and has some details on his retired web site. He had to mod the British standard one to the Ford dizzy gear as they were not available when he did his.

FWIW, I ended up going with a Pertronix and it seems to work fine. Not sure what the advance curve is though.
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: