Helpful wiring diagrams, I hope for some at least

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:33 pm

I was out in the back bathroom in behind the garage looking for a bit of reading material before sitting down for a bit of a think (maybe that should be stink). Anyway I came agross the S1 wiring diagram that has been missing out of the Elan workshop manual. Also with it was a hand drawn diagram for the S4 as viewed from the back side as you would look at it as you were installing all of the wires from the harness to the switches installed in the dashboard. There were two other hand drawn bits also, one of them was the wires as installed on the ignition switch and the other a drawing for converting the foot operated Main (high) beam switch to one sourced from a Triumph Spitfire. All pretty lame stuff you say until you go to put a basket case back together. I was going to put it in the Elan section as that is where it really belongs but it would be lost off the front page in a week and be difficult to find in the future. The Gallery seems to be a bit more stable and folks might be able to find it when they need it. Some are pretty large but christ, I am nearly blind looking at this kind of stuff so I make em big to read.

Gary

S4 switch diagram as viewed from the back of the dashboard
A cleaned up version of the above drawing
S1, S2, and MOST S3 diagram, the one in the manual is for a LATE S3 like 45/7500 plus maybe even higher.
This one has seen a lot of use, the edges are frayed and dogeared so this is just what is needed.
S1 and S2 floor main beam switch to column mounted Spitfire lamp switch and Ignition switch as viewed from the back of the dashboard.
Last edited by garyeanderson on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: msd1107 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:19 pm

Gary,

Is the diagram for a two speed wiper? Did some of the Elans have a variable speed wiper? What is the wiring diagram for those?

David
1968 36/7988
msd1107
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: