Eagles Canyon Raceway - all Lotus front rows

PostPost by: mini64 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:01 am

CVAR held an all British feature race at Eagles Canyon Raceway in Texas a couple weeks ago - thought you might like the front of the pack. That's me in the +2 and my wife in the 7 just behind me.
Attachments
brit_start.jpg and
mini64
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: dougweall » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:39 am

Yes........good........excellent...........race.........where did you both finish ????????

Doug
dougweall
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:05 pm

That's a huge field. Is the track big enough to support it? And hopefully you'll tell us you finished in the order you started. Or, did you let your wife by? You know, family thing, I'm sure....

Greg Z
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mini64 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:24 pm

I think it was 52 or 47 cars, dont remember which. The track is about 2.5 miles long, plenty wide so it wasnt too bad. Unfortunatly the result was pretty bad for Fawcett Family Racing (hence all my recent questions by me on this list). Denise did pass me, her first time ever. I was proud of her as she is really learning how to handle that car. But about 3 laps later she lost third gear and came in. Soon after she passsed me my clutch started slipping. Thought it was from oil leaks but the next time out it was erratic, with the pedal sometimes feeling wierd. After that race i got under the car and the slave was pushing hard. I moved the pushrod adjuster nut nearly 1/2" slacker to get it too release. Went back out for the next race and had similar results. A handful of good laps then slipping clutch. Could have been heat soak as this was the hottest race I've run her at. But that doesnt explain having to move the adjustment.

The black 7 that started on the pole was beat by the Elan. They had a great race. My wife was catching the green 7 before she lost the gear.
mini64
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: florawills » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:58 am

mini64 wrote:CVAR held an all British feature race at Eagles Canyon Raceway in Texas a couple weeks ago - thought you might like the front of the pack. That's me in the +2 and my wife in the 7 just behind me.

Amazing!!!...And I really like it...Thanks Mini...:)
florawills
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: