Blue Zetec +2 New from Spyder

PostPost by: Bob » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi,
This is more to say thanks to Sean and Andy for the job they have made of my +2 I should pick it up next week after Sean has driven it for a few miles to shake it down.
These photo were sent to me this afternoon it look really nice I cannot wait to get hold of it. What is not shown yet is the sat nav I have had plumbed in I dont like trailing wires if I can avoid them. It is attached to the window as normal but wired in so no trailing wires.

I know that the purist amoungst us are sceptical of Zetec +2 look at it this way if a market is created for Zetecs, the value of your +2 will rocket as soon as the donner cars start to run out.
Hope you like the photos
Bob
Attachments
2012-08-21-247.jpg and
2012-08-21-253.jpg and
2012-08-21-254.jpg and
2012-08-21-257.jpg and
2012-08-21-258.jpg and
2012-08-21-259.jpg and
2012-08-21-260.jpg and
2012-08-21-261.jpg and
2012-08-21-262.jpg and
S4, S2 and a +2 Zetec on the way
Bob
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Remind me again why the "Mods" forum was set up. :roll: :twisted:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Bob » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:40 pm

I thought this was FREE PARKING I did not realise that I could not park a Zetec in FREE PARKING but then I am just a 2nd gear grockel not the exalted 5th gear god. Trouble is I like my gods like those of Edmund. I also dont think CC would have cared he did nothing by the book.

:D :twisted:
Last edited by Bob on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Car looks great Bob. The interior is terrific; really like the colour! Interesting placement of the rear speakers; I wouldn't have thought they would fit there, but Andy & Sean have done a fine job. Enjoy! :)
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: collins_dan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:33 pm

The car looks great. Waiting to get your hands on it has got to be tough. One question, which really is to other zetec plus 2 owners. Spyder always sets the ride very high, has anyone tried adjusting this down to see what affect that has on handling? Just curious. Beautiful car. Thanks for sharing. Dan
collins_dan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jason1 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi

Looks like a nice car.

I have never sat in a Spyder conversion; how easy is it to operate the handbrake on a hill start? I do not find it easy with the original lever as I have to kiss the steering wheel. :D

Jason
50/0951 1968 Wedgewood blue +2, 1990 Mini Cooper RSP
Jason1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Bob wrote:I thought this was FREE PARKING I did not realise that I could not park a Zetec in FREE PARKING but then I am just a 2nd gear grockel not the exalted 5th gear god. Trouble is I like my gods like those of Edmund. I also dont think CC would have cared he did nothing by the book.

None taken. :wink:
Looks great to me; just thought you might be among like-minded company over in the Mods dept.
I have been looking at an immaculate, very low mileage Evante today and doing the sums. It looks like the Zetec concept pre-dated by about 25 years.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: cal44 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:44 pm

Is the height because of, what appears to be wider and taller wheels, how wide and tall are they ?
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "Mad Dog" James Mattis United States Marines
cal44
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Bob » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:27 pm

elansprint71 wrote:
Bob wrote:I thought this was FREE PARKING I did not realise that I could not park a Zetec in FREE PARKING but then I am just a 2nd gear grockel not the exalted 5th gear god. Trouble is I like my gods like those of Edmund. I also dont think CC would have cared he did nothing by the book.

None taken. :wink:
Looks great to me; just thought you might be among like-minded company over in the Mods dept.
I have been looking at an immaculate, very low mileage Evante today and doing the sums. It looks like the Zetec concept pre-dated by about 25 years.

I was instrumental in my friend buying one, I spoke to Sean about the one he sold a few months ago, Spyder made the chassis for them and various other bits. If you need any chassis type items for one ask Sean.
You might recognise the S2.
Bob
Attachments
IMG_1887A.jpg and
Bob
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Bob » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Pete,
While you are doing your sums have a look at this

http://www.classic-auctions.com/Auction ... 27847.aspx

Had I have been at the auction I would have bid for it.

I assume it was one of these you were looking at
http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/sea ... es/evante/

The cost of the red one in the photo I posted was not far off the price of the H&H Green one and it was very low mileage. They are nice little cars and a very good concept. The red one leaks somewhat we were bailing it out in France my S4 in the same rain storm did not leak but the exhaust fell off already reported on here by DDraper "Jeremy".

I not sure but I think the earlier cars built by the first designers of the Evante with the Vegatune engine are somewhat better. They look sleeker and I think the engine is more powerful. I will stand to be corrected.
Hope this is of interest
Bob
Bob
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: