Brooklands Museum

PostPost by: HampshireMush » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:52 am

In another post I was asked to put up some info about the Museum (I volunteer there) and future activities that might be of interest to forum members.

Brooklands is in Weybridge Surrey and is the site of the very first purpose built motor racing circuit to be built anywhere in the world. It also has a huge aviation heritage with some very famous aircraft - including Sopwith Camels, Hawker Hurricanes and about 30% of all Concordes being built on the site. For further details check out the website.

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com

The first activity that might be of interest and coming up very soon is the annual Classic Car Show and Retrojumble taking place on July the 16th. Full details are in the link

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.p ... -car-show/

Looking forward several months the other main event that I would recommend is the New Years Day gathering - we always get a huge turn out and one definately not to be missed. I will post a link to that event once it is issued by the museum,

If there is enough interest I could organise a 'Lotus Elan' only day at the museum at some stage in the future. As well as the chance to meet like minded folk we could arrange for 'Test Hill' to be in action and you could all get a chance to drive on part of the Historic Brooklands circuit. If you don't know whats involved check out youtube ' Brooklands Test Hill' and you will get a flavour of the action.

If you are interested in this let me know and I'll take it forward if there are enough positive responses.

Thanks

John
John

1969 Elan S4 SE
HampshireMush
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: HampshireMush » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Sorry for the typo :oops: but the Brooklands Auto Jumble day is Sunday the 13th not the 16th of July

John
John

1969 Elan S4 SE
HampshireMush
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:41 pm

I feel an ?lan only day at Brooklands would be fantastic! Thank you do much for your offer. Need to do some serious promotion in good time. Happy to help in best way. Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: