Has anyone bought number plate digits from Belle Anciennes?

PostPost by: terryp » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:00 am

Hello
I finally have my French Immatrication , goodbye US plates :(
I want to do the individual letters thing on the grill. I have had an email froim Belle Anciennes saying to stick them on :roll:

Has anyone bought them and what is the size of the "tetons" on the back (Unfortunatly this translates also to nipples, I have emailed but they may think I am being abusive asking the man the size of his nipples?)

Thanks
Terry
Last edited by terryp on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:00 pm

Terry,

post up what numbers and letters you need - there will be folk here who have spares.

The Hills aluminium ones are nice - pretty sure there's a thread on here about them somewhere - I recall posting a list of the spares I had.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:08 pm

:( I didn't think of that , I have already ordered as I thought its my only option so will have to make them work , glue or no glue.

Drat and double drat!
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:11 pm

Not sure about glueing them on with all that vibration - likely they will come off??
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:28 pm

Salut Terry

I bought a set for the grill of my +2. Nice, though English white plastic letters might have looked nicer - you would have to do something for the mini-dashes we're supposed to have over here - though a French forum member is taking his chances without.

BA supplied me with the metal star washers that push on - however I think I had to insist as they also told me to glue them. As you can imagine the t?tons don't always line up nicely with the grill holes so you'll need to ease/bend/cut.

If you want to be as law-abiding as possible you should paint your grill black - it'll look nicer anyway with the alu letters. I have a copy of the number plate regulations for classic cars in my glove box - it kind of says that grill plates are OK - white/silver digits on a black background, original positioning accepted - just in case I ever get questioned by a chicken.

@+

Vernon
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:15 pm

Thanks Vernon for the info, I think I will stick and use the push fixes (I have some) on the tetons,
Thanks again
Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:59 am

hi Terry,
i have the alloy letters that i bought from "Belles Anciennes" and the clips to attach are supplied plus the dashes to put between . Very good result and well pleased. If you look at the photo of my Red 1973 +2S130 when we visited you with Club Lotus you can see them.
imho they are better than the English Plastic version and more important the correct Font
Alan.B
alan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: spridget » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:30 am

Salut Terry
I also have these letters from Belles Anciennes, they look great on the grille, I haven't glued them, just the fixing stars. I'm not sure this plate is really road legal :D

P1010085.JPG and

Franck
50/0302 +2, Frogeye
spridget
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:26 am

Thanks Franck & Alan. I think the chap didn't realize the thickness of the grill.
Well they should be delivered tomorrow so I will get fixing with the push fixes
They do look very good ........ If a little illegal :roll:

Cheers
Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:36 pm

i take it you have a "Carte Grise" collection, if so it's o.k. but "Carte Grise" normal c'est pas bien :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Alan.B
alan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:35 pm

Alan
It had to be a CGC as a COC was not available from Lotus as the car is a federal car.........not there is many federal parts left on it now!

Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: spridget » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:43 pm

"Carte Grise" normal c'est pas bien :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyway, I have the COC for mine but I chose a "Carte grise grise de collection" for the longer delay between 2 "Controles Techniques" (french MoT) : 5 years Vs 2 and for the reason that your car can't been considered non reparable in case of an heavy accident.
Franck
50/0302 +2, Frogeye
spridget
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:01 pm

Franck
That's very interesting regarding the accident I didn't realise that.
Terry
Ps I also suspect that older CGN vehicles will be subject of city bans soon?
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: spridget » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:48 pm

I don't know Terry, maybe one day CGC will be allowed on the road the weekend only ... :cry:
We must be aware, fortunately the FFVE is fighting to keep the old cars on the french roads
Anyway, the +2 is CGC and the Frogeye is CGN :wink:

Franck
50/0302 +2, Frogeye
spridget
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Pistacchio sprint 72 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:57 pm

Ok... Make a search in the forum for framton plates. I have good results with them.
Cooled down by CliveyBoy!
Pistacchio sprint 72
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Next

Total Online: