Midsomer Murders

PostPost by: trw99 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:57 pm

Good idea Brian. Let me know how much you want for the Sprint; I know one or two fellows looking ... !

Tim

PS Bill, time you got your - twin cam - head sorted, mate!
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:46 pm

Trouble with Midsomer is it's tosh, but compared to most of the stuff on TV these days it's high art.

There was at least one nice blue Elan and a Lotus single seater (not sure which Type) and I'm sure I saw a "proper" Elite in the background in one shot.

FWIW, having sat through a few Midsomer's with my dear beloved I think this new Barnaby is better than Nettles who I have always thought is as wooden as a church pew. :D
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:07 pm

trw99 wrote:
PS Bill, time you got your - twin cam - head sorted, mate!

I Know, I know, but no munney!
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: richardcox_lotus » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:32 am

I also saw the tosh last week - but I thought it was enjoyable & undemanding tosh. The lotus' visible (fleetingly) in the background we re "supplied" through our friends at the Historic Lotus Register & consisted of Elan; Elite; an 11/15(Can't remember which) plus, I believe, a 7 or two.

Regards
Richard
Richard
'72 Sprint
richardcox_lotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:59 am

richardcox_lotus wrote:I also saw the tosh last week - but I thought it was enjoyable & undemanding tosh. The lotus' visible (fleetingly) in the background we re "supplied" through our friends at the Historic Lotus Register & consisted of Elan; Elite; an 11/15(Can't remember which) plus, I believe, a 7 or two.

Regards
Richard

Thanks all,
curiosity now satisfied!
I can't call myself a fan of the program but having watched just that new one i agree that the new man is a good replacement.
Scatterings of gentle British irony is always quite entertaining.

Oh don'tcha know I've hit just two,two,two,two posts; how awfully British "jolly hockey sticks old bean"

Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:25 pm

richardcox_lotus wrote:I also saw the tosh last week - but I thought it was enjoyable & undemanding tosh. The lotus' visible (fleetingly) in the background we re "supplied" through our friends at the Historic Lotus Register & consisted of Elan; Elite; an 11/15(Can't remember which) plus, I believe, a 7 or two.

Regards
Richard

There was a Burgundy Plus 2 with yellow bits on too. White roundels too if I remember correctly..
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:59 am

The plot was as full of holes as a Lancia in a barn though.

The dead driver in the car had been found long enough ago for them including Jones to complete the restoration, so presumably was found in the times of the first DCI Barnaby. Yet Jones had taken it upon himself to declare it a suicide, which had happened some 40+ years ago, and had not been found since. Later they decided because he was a leftie he wouldn't have blown his brains out from that side anyway, so it was murder.

How one EARTH could they ever have contemplated that it could be suicide??

The driver would have had to shoot himself, then get out of the car and pack straw bales all around it well enough that they did not get disturbed for 45 years (despite a lot of playful girls next door) and then he climbed back under the straw bales into the car and ceased to be a moving zombie.

~~~~~~~~~~~

And neither Jones nor the Medical Examiner spotted this??

In fact both the episodes that I watch with the new Barnaby, every police person except Baranaby were playing extremely dumb coppers & Barnaby was the only one with any intelligence.

I really don't remember the episodes with the earlier Barnaby being as dumb as this.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:55 pm

Just bringing up this old thread because my wife just saw the intro (she loves this type of show) and wanted me to see the show, also, for the cars. So, while watching, I see a scene during the car show, where the detectives are strolling acrossing the parking lot and in the background is the Lotus display. A LoCort, Elan (light blue), Elite (type 14), a +2 and a few others, I think. It also looked like Gordon Morris was there. He writes a column for the US club magazine and I believe also for Club Lotus.

So, does anyone know anyone who lended their car(s) to this episode? Was Gordon Morris there?
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: