PM sending lag?

PostPost by: jabingb » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:00 pm

I suspect this has been asked and answered but I haven't found it.

When I send a "pm" it seems to remain in the outbox for an extended period of time, i.e. at least 3+ hours so far this morning. What is the reason for this? Is there something I can do to expedite the transmission?
Jerry:
'62 S2 Elite | '69 S4 Elan FHC | '00 S1 Elise Sport 190
jabingb
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:15 pm

It remains in your outbox until the recipient logs in to lotuselan.net and clicks on messages (top right of screen) to download the message. normally a notification of a new pm is emailed by the forum to the recipient.

Hope this helps, it's quite normal for messages to remain in your outbox. I often notice people posting to a topic mentioning that they have sent a PM on a particular subject, normally in the For Sale section.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jabingb » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:33 pm

Spyder fan wrote:It remains in your outbox until the recipient logs in to lotuselan.net and clicks on messages (top right of screen) to download the message. normally a notification of a new pm is emailed by the forum to the recipient.

Hope this helps, it's quite normal for messages to remain in your outbox. I often notice people posting to a topic mentioning that they have sent a PM on a particular subject, normally in the For Sale section.

Got it, thanks Alan!
Jerry:
'62 S2 Elite | '69 S4 Elan FHC | '00 S1 Elise Sport 190
jabingb
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: