Clarkson Sacked by BBC, Amazon Prime to the rescue!

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:28 pm

Jeremy Clarkson suspended and Top Gear cancelled.

Often controversial and outspoken, not afraid to challenge loony left political correctness.

Don't let the BBC do this!
Jeremy Clarkson 'punch'
: Top Gear episodes to be dropped
The BBC is expected to scrap the remainder of the current Top Gear TV series after allegations that presenter Jeremy Clarkson punched a producer.

The broadcaster said Clarkson, 54, had been suspended after what it called a "fracas" and has confirmed Sunday's episode of Top Gear will not be shown.

Full story on BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31828184

Add your vote to this campaign

[url][/ https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate- ... etitionurl]
Last edited by Spyder fan on Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:54 pm

Haven't quite made up my mind tbh, Yes i did enjoy watching Top gear but is there some thing wrong with JC? He knows hes on a final warning so without thought for his fellow presenters etc Punches some one?? Does he have no self control at all? Granted he could well have been Provoked not knowing the full story but its not very bright to use Violence at Work.

Some one has a Big decision to make because on one hand Top Gear is a huge cash Cow for the BBC but on the other letting this go would mean he doesn't have to abide by the same rules as every one else? and other Big names will push there luck knowing a precedent has been made.

I really think now the BBC have all JC's controlling interest in Top Gear they will replace JC or cancel Top Gear but i hope they dont.
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:04 pm

Did you know Clarkson's contract ends this month. Curious timing don't you think?

He did not throw a punch (Daily Mail report). There was a fracas, which could mean anything from heated argument to scuffle to wrestle.

The other thing is that Clarkson and Exec Producer Andy Wilman are joined at the hip; one goes, the other will. Rumours are around that ITV hopes to woo them and that Sky offered all the presenters big spondoolicks to move there.

The BB bleedin C have shot themselves in the foot. Not surprising given the huge political bias at the top and evident in all their news programmes now.

It was probably all only a matter of time before Top Gear expired; this will have accelerated that moment.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:08 pm

Bring back William Woollard.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:19 pm

elansprint71 wrote:Bring back William Woollard.

Yes, and lets have a car program which isn't about the bad behaviour and ego of an over-age teenager and his pair of wannabe side kicks.
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:30 pm

... and Tony Mason.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Chancer » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:39 pm

And the old clich?s like "the gearlever falls nicely to hand" :lol:

Top Gear is Entertainment, not to my taste but I cannot deny its worldwide success, whilst I dont want a return to the Cliff Michealmore and Woofter Woolard days the pendulum has swung much to far the other way.

TV needs a motoring program that has some relevance to how 99.99999% of driver miles are spent, there is plenty of room for another vehicle for Clarksons humour and character and I am sure that it will be very successfull.

As you can gather I'm not a fan, its a marmite thing but unlike comedians I dont like who could not amuse me by telling what I consider a good joke JC does manage to make me laugh despite myself so he must have something, I really liked the recent sketch about French car manufacturers, so so true and really made me laugh.

He will be back somewhere else larger and louder than ever, I personally hope its not on Top Gear, if the program cannot survive without him, or in truth Mr Willman then so be it, its had a good run, time for something informative and entertaining which Top Gear used to be.
Chancer
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:46 pm

Chancer wrote:Top Gear is Entertainment, not to my taste but I cannot deny its worldwide success,

Exactly & you can chose to watch it or not.

I watch it with the wife on BBC America, excellent stuff!
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:57 pm

Done,and proud of it,if I had more time I'd read all the comments left on the petition.

Good to know that this country still has a silent majority who are not politically correct.

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:11 pm

Je suis Clarkson!
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:14 pm

I'd like to know where to sign to get him NOT reinstated :twisted:

Any three oiks off this forum could prat about with cars and behave like hooligans for a fraction of the cost of Clarkson and Co ........ then the BBC could stop telling us they have no money and make some proper drama like they used to.

.....................and on that bombshell, GooodNiiight :twisted: :lol:
John

nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:19 pm

I'm in the no camp as well.
Yes I agree that there is too much political correctness , but you cannot go around punching people. that behavour is totally unacceptable.

I quite enjoy Car SOS anyway with Fuzz and the chap that looks like my neighbour (but you don't know that)

I also hated seeing them beat up old cars on the show. Old cars have feelings :D

Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:27 pm

Here's some Clarksonisms..... You can only really not like these if you are Loony leftie nimby killjoys! :mrgreen:

A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

On the Lotus Elise: "This car is more fun than the entire French air force crashing into a firework factory."

Tonight, the new Viper, which is the American equivalent of a sports car... in the same way, I guess, that George Bush is the equivalent of a President.

Koenigsegg are saying that the CCX is more comfortable. More comfortable than what... BEING STABBED?

I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at their sister and thought, mmmmmm.

I?m sorry, but having an Aston Martin DB9 on the drive and not driving it is a bit like having Keira Knightley in your bed and sleeping on the couch. If you?ve got even half a scrotum it?s not going to happen.

POWER!!!!!!!!!!

On the Mercedes CLS55: Braking in this car is so brutal, it would be less painful to actually hit the tree you were trying to miss.

Assessing Hammond's crash:

Clarkson: "you can see from the tape that the tyre is starting to come apart. Now why didn't you spot that?!"
Hammond: "I had a lot on: I was doing 288 mph."
Clarkson: "What do you mean you had a lot on? I can be in the office on the phone, doing the paperwork, kids are shouting at me, wife etc, but if a lion walks in, I'm going to notice it!"
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 69S4 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:45 pm

Chancer wrote: I really liked the recent sketch about French car manufacturers, so so true and really made me laugh.

The very next day I saw someone doing exactly what they were on about - and yes, they were driving a Peugeot !!!
Stuart Holding
Thame UK / Alpe D'Huez France
69 S4 FHC
Honda GoldWing 1800
Honda CBX1000
Kawasaki H1 500
Yamaha XS2
69S4
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:02 pm

terryp wrote:
I quite enjoy Car SOS anyway with Fuzz and the chap that looks like my neighbour (but you don't know that)
Terry

I agree, (although I don't think he's that much like your neighbour :D ) it's funny without being childish and Fuzz is clearly a knowledgeable enthusiast.

The BBC schedules have been crying out for a good weekly classic car magazine programme but while the niche and budget are being wasted on ITV2 style cr*p like Top Gear (the automotive answer to "Snog Marry Avoid") it's not going to happen.

And yes, I agree, punching people is thuggery and should not be tolerated. Bullies are the lowest of the low. Which brings me neatly on to a certain wrinkly so called "celebrity" chef who is lauded applauded and overpaid by the media and yet happily bullies away on and presumably off camera if the many accounts are to be believed.

I'm not an old prude and enjoy a good laugh but this is all part of the erosion of standards of behaviour in our 21st Century society Who do we want the next generation to look up to and aspire to emulate?

My soap box is wobbling I'd better get down before I break a hip :lol:
John

nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Next

Total Online: