You Betcha

PostPost by: Tahoe » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:41 pm

So, my dog Pearl passed away 2 months ago (video "Elan in the forest"), and I picked up a Boxer/Lab (Boxador) from the shelter a couple weeks ago, and decided it's time for "The Beaver" to learn to ride shotgun. So I'm driving you see, and this fella pulls up in the lane next to me, and is straining to see what I'm drivin'. Kinda of a strange lookin' guy, but seemed nice when he pulled up next to me at the stop light. Anyway, he says 'nice Lotus", and I say "thanks". He says he had to look at the steering wheel to know what I was drivin'. I said ya, and he said ya! Well he said, I haven't seen one of those since they first came out in the 90's! I said ya, and he said ya! Well, I said they came out in the 60's and not the 90's, so what da ya think of that? He said no way, and I said you betcha! Jeez he said, I never woulda guessed! As the trunk pulled away I saw the Wisconsin plates! :D
Tahoe
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Bud English » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Priceless, don't ya know!
Bud
1970 +2S Fed 0053N
"Winnemucca - says it all really!!"
Bud English
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:37 pm

A lot of years ago I had a chap in the very North of Scotland ask me if my +2 was a Fiat.. !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Twit!

AB..
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:14 am

A couple of years ago I pulled up in my new Elise outside my house and chap passing by stopped looked the car up and down and said 'you'll never get a ladder in that' and walked off.
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:32 am

:lol: :lol: .

I had the Boxster in our local town when a somewhat unimpressed chap started slagging off the car and stated 'what hope have you got of getting a suitcase into that!' ... I just gave him a somewhat starled look before telling him about (and showing him) the car's two boots. He was amazed and said 'where is the engine then?' I replied ' beats me! I have not found it yet' :roll:

He seamed happy with that if not a confirmed Porsche fan. :wink:

Alex.. :lol:
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:05 am

alexblack13 wrote::lol: :lol: .

I had the Boxster in our local town when a somewhat unimpressed chap started slagging off the car and stated 'what hope have you got of getting a suitcase into that!' ... I just gave him a somewhat starled look before telling him about (and showing him) the car's two boots. He was amazed and said 'where is the engine then?' I replied ' beats me! I have not found it yet' :roll:

He seamed happy with that if not a confirmed Porsche fan. :wink:

Alex.. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hope all is well Al!
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: