New Member - I think

PostPost by: Dilkris » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:07 am

rcfurse wrote:Welcome. There is a chap less than 20 miles away (Church Stretton) who is doing a Europa and has an Elan who is a genius on glassfibre (he is doing two bodies for me) who I can introduce you to.

Richard, yes please, an introduction would be great (subject to his approval) - Church Stretton is just down the road from me. A 340R? Wow!! - I have only ever seen pictures of them. (I have this instant sent a personal mail to you)
Dilkris
New-tral

PostPost by: Matt Elan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:50 pm

Welcome - this is probably one of the best forums I've ever used and has given me lots of support with my ongoing Plus 2 restoration - which included build up a twin cam from a bare block. It not difficult, but you do need to be methodical and get a copy of Miles Wilkins 'Lotus Twin Cam Engine' - the definative work recently re-printed by Brooklands books.
I've just finished writing a book on the Europa and there is a lot in common with the Elan!
Glass fibre is a bit of a black art, and everyone has an opinion on what way is best, but it gets easier when you've done a few repairs.
Where are you based?
Matt
Matthew Vale - Classic Motoring Author
1968 Plus 2 - Somewhat cosmetically and mechanically modified
1969 Plus 2S - Currently undergoing nut and bolt restoration
Visit me on matthewvale.com
Matt Elan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: