Fuel Line Connections to Glass Dome AC Fuel Pump

PostPost by: bdea » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:32 pm

Could anyone please give me the detailed specifications for the Compression Nipple into the fuel pump using a brass ferrule and 1/4" nylon fuel line. I'm totally confused... about the length, thread diameter/size etc., hex nut size, chamfer/angle of ferrule vs compression nipple concave surface. Is it a standard nipple?

Can this be bought at a local hardware or auto parts store.

My problem is that I substituted a barbed brass nipple to the outlet side of the pump, the brass nipple bottomed out on the hex head on body of pump rather inside the pump itself creating at weepage issue. Upon disassembly, the brass compression ferrule sat sideways, partially blocking the fuel path.

Are the any resources in the San Francisco Bay Area for these parts, 1/4" nylon fuel line, Compression Nipple, and Ferrule? A friend suggested that I tap out the output side of the fuel pump to 1/8"NPT and be done!

Anyone willing to part with a Compression Nipple?

One More question: What size o ring for the Stromberg Float Bowl Jet Cover?

Many Thanks Again.
bdea
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:03 pm

This thread may point you towards the olive size:
lotus-electrical-f38/olive-diameter-t18586.html
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: oldelanman » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:26 am

fuel-pump-fittings-006.jpg and

The tube nut thread measures 12.5mm (0.492") diameter x 20 tpi. I don't have any thread gauges but that looks like 1/2" - 20 UNF. Overall length is 17.6mm (0.693") and spanner size is 1/2" AF. The brass olives are I believe standard items but, as stated in the other thread that Brian linked to, they must be imperial 1/4" .... 6mm olives do not fit.

Harold Houghton in the US may be able to supply the parts you need...http://www.classicpreservation.com/
Roger
S4 DHC
oldelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:23 am

+1 just measured my spare one 1/2" UNF 20 tpi. The Olive is with like concave contact areas and not the normal rounded shape.
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Craven » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:52 am

If they can be found a ? inch COPPER barrel olive will form up far more easily than brass, a real advantage on the nylon feed pipe.
Tube nut if defiantly ? UNF but you need the long version to avoid contact with pump body before seal is formed by olive, although a pic shown is labelled, barrel olive, the form that works best has a plain section between the ends.
Craven
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: