Wanted Fuel Injection for T/C

PostPost by: rmorgan12 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:00 am

I've just had a look on the Jenvey Dynamics site and they are looking for ?391 for 2 twin throttle bodies which replace DCOE/DHLA
I think from memory that you can use most modern after market ECU to fire the injectors
and adjust the mapping etc.

Try

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/products2/twin- ... air-tbp45i

Cheers Rich
Elan Plus 2S 130/5
rmorgan12
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:48 pm

All.

This is a cut n paste of a PM i sent with a break down of prices. These were from current web searches and as much detail as i think is required. Its probably not 100% of all components but is close and i understand prices will vary and be subject to the change in Brexit tax. Also there are other ways that this can be done

You will need

ECU new cira ?750 +vat . Omex or emerald but there are others. I would keep with emerald because i think they are better and others can email you maps. Like a free rolling road session.

Bodies in 40mm DCOE style are around ?450 plus vat for Jenveys

Injectors and fuel rail again ?400 plus vat depending on size and type of injector.

EFI FSE type fuel pressure regulator ?100 .

Twin DCOE linkage ?120 but look around and can be cheaper.

Fuel tank, im a little out on prices but axminster currently at ?535 but i would go for one with an internal pump and thats obviously more.

If not above add 044 high pressure fuel pump and 3 good filters. ?150 pump and ?50 - ?75 each filter

Qed motorsports for a crank pick up bracket, timing pulley (swap for old one) and dizzy blanking plate. ?115 plus vat.

Gen 2 Ford Mondeo ignition coil pack, ?60 plus but look around. Leads for above ?35

Various pipe work and bracketry still required such as high pressure pipes in and low pressure for return to tank.

Wires to join it all together and not even looked at senders and sensors.off which id add wide band closed loop management ?160 plus vat from emerald,specifically for k3 tho.

In honesty id phone emerald and ask if they can supply a complete kit which they dont advertise at moment. A one stop shop may give you a better deal.
Adding all the above is cira 2.5k plus vat at ?3k. This does not include fitting and set up on rollers.

Yes its a very expensive mod. But well worth it.

Paul
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: bob_rich » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:07 am

Hi All

Sorry a bit late to this page but thought I would put in my "2 penerth" . I Used Emerald and as others confirm they were very helpful indeed both during the fitting out with numerous e-mails assists quickly answered. Had it set uo on their rolling road and again they were very helpful and tolerant of a beginner to engines upgrades.

I found John, Karl and Leoni are all very helpful. The software provided by Emerald was very clear and concise and
easy to follow by a relative beginner in terms of engine work.

From my rebuild diary I wrote up what I did and have attached the note to this e-mail it may help anyone going to consider this mod to the twink.

For a variety of family related reasons I have not yet done many miles but the car is very predictable in its performance.

Hope this proves helpful.

Bob
Attachments
Fitting Fuel Injection and Engine Management to the Twink.pdf
(192.62 KiB) Downloaded 619 times
bob_rich
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: