Wanted Fuel Injection for T/C

PostPost by: greg40green » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:14 pm

Long shot but I will ask .
Has anyone got a complete fuel injection system for sale for a Lotus T/C engine ?
greg40green
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: wildbillorr » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:42 pm

I do have a NOS Tecalemit-Jackson system for a Lotus T/C.

Where are you ? I'm in No. Virginia, USA. Email: [email protected]

Cheers, Bill
wildbillorr
New-tral

PostPost by: greg40green » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Hello Bill
I bought a TJ mechanical system but was put off by what I read ie the system was originally being developed for track work ie ran well flat out but for road use was never refined enough.
I'm looking for a modern system .
Thanks for the reply .
Greg.
greg40green
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: dougal9887 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:15 pm

No but it probably wouldn't help you much.
The real work is the plumbing and wiring and only you can decide on that.
If you wish to do as much as possible yourself, bike throttle bodies and Megasquirt ECU are a great project - allow 200 hours or so!
Jenveys and whatever ECU your nearest rolling road like best could cut that time in half 'maybe', but there is never the less considerable preparation - think low pressure pump, swirl pot, high pressure pump, filters, crash switch, pressure regulator, fuel rail, flow and return pipework, wideband EGO sensor and controller, coolant sensor, manifold temperature sensor, manifold pressure sensor, barometric pressure sensor, throttle assembly, throttle position sensor, idle air control assembly, crank trigger wheel and VR sensor, sensor wiring harness, new power wiring harness with relays and fuses,
larger alternator (20 amps just to run the engine) then you'll probably want to go wasted spark distributorless ignition since there is too little control and accuracy using a distributor.
As I say, a brilliant project, but not to be under estimated - go for it!!
Dougal.
dougal9887
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: wildbillorr » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:27 pm

Greg

You're absolutely correct - re: the T-J systems. Their T-J T/C inlet manifolds with
the inj. nozzles might work work with a modern system - if needed. I should have
kept up with developments in that area - as I was around when they first ran the
T/C in 1961.

I'll ask around - re: modern f-i systems. In the mean time, good hunting.

Cheers, Bill
wildbillorr
New-tral

PostPost by: prezoom » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:43 am

Consider taking a look at turbosport.co.uk. Lots of information on various fuel injection systems.
Rob Walker
26-4889
50-0315N
1964 Sabra GT
1964 Elva Mk4T Coupe (awaiting restoration)
1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero, 302,AOD,9",rack and pinion,disc,etc,etc,etc
1954 Nash Healey LeMans Coupe

Owning a Lotus will get you off the couch
prezoom
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:56 am

as it was at least 20 years ago, i do remember seeing a magnet-marelli system mounted to a twin cam. it was much more expensive than two webers! sandy - a pretty elaborate project!!
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: DavidLB » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:02 am

Talk to QED I've got their system on a +2 works fine simple to install all the bits are supplied David
DavidLB
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: greg40green » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:19 pm

Hello David
What kind of money are QED asking for their injection systems ?
greg40green
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: CBUEB1771 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:53 pm

greg40green wrote:Hello David
What kind of money are QED asking for their injection systems ?

http://qedmotorsport.co.uk/qed-shop/lot ... -injection
Russ Newton
Elan +2S (1971)
Elite S2 (1962)
CBUEB1771
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: greg40green » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:59 pm

Interesting . I will contact either QED or Demon-tweaks
greg40green
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:04 am

Greg

I PM'd you a list of components you may need with prices straight of current web sites. Have a quick look. Not exhaustive but may help.

I spoke to Emeralds Leoni and they are willing to put together a comprehensive kit too. Probably simmilar in price to QED.

May i suggest that if your going to the expense of a fuel injection system you consider headwork and or cam swaps to take advantage of the control and also i would say a wide band sender fitted too.

Its a great mod as stated in many previous post and well worth it wether its an off the shelf package or a home made system.
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: CBUEB1771 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:02 pm

One very nice feature with the QED offering is that they provide an initial map which is tailored to your own engine specification. This seems to be a great advantage over starting with a clean slate. In general I am a bit bewildered by the number of engine management systems available though, DTAfast, Omex, Emerald and so many others. I am not sure which I would choose. I have Googled for comparative ratings and had not found a good survey.
Russ Newton
Elan +2S (1971)
Elite S2 (1962)
CBUEB1771
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:28 pm

Emerald are fantastic and will send you a map to get you running bassed on specs you give them. Will always need a RR to get the best out of it. Mine was sent back to be checked out for piece of mind and only cost was postage.

Omex took my spare ecu and uprated to 600 spec for a cost of ?25 plus return postage. Also replaced a few components too,all in the price.

In my opinion both great companies that support fully our kind of cars.

Leoni is Emeralds equall of Sue Miller.
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: greg40green » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Hi Paul
Thanks for all the useful info .
Head work , cams , full TTR exhaust system fitted hence the next step ie injection system.

pauljones wrote:Greg

I PM'd you a list of components you may need with prices straight of current web sites. Have a quick look. Not exhaustive but may help.

I spoke to Emeralds Leoni and they are willing to put together a comprehensive kit too. Probably simmilar in price to QED.

May i suggest that if your going to the expense of a fuel injection system you consider headwork and or cam swaps to take advantage of the control and also i would say a wide band sender fitted too.

Its a great mod as stated in many previous post and well worth it wether its an off the shelf package or a home made system.
greg40green
Second Gear
Second Gear

Next

Total Online: