Are all Spyder chassis created equal

PostPost by: prezoom » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:49 am

My Plus2, equiped with a 3.54 diff and Vredestine 165-13 tires (73.6" in circumference) runs 78.8 mph at 4000 rpm.
Rob Walker
26-4889
50-0315N
1964 Sabra GT
1964 Elva Mk4T Coupe (awaiting restoration)
1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero, 302,AOD,9",rack and pinion,disc,etc,etc,etc
1954 Nash Healey LeMans Coupe

Owning a Lotus will get you off the couch
prezoom
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:23 am

Not really chassis related depending on your point of view, but i have a simmilar set up to prezoom. To go further, its a twincam with the 4 speed box, I personally think that 4th is great for cruising but it does lack outright overtaking ability. Unfortunately (yeah right) its quicker to change down for a blast past, and drop back into 4th after.

If i remember correctly i think my torque was about 90ft/lbs on the dyno and fairly flat. With the above combo, but a healthy zetec at around 150ft/lbs, it should be better.

I think a QED/Paul Exon twink can be build to give a simmilar torque figure to the zetec but maybe not so low down.

Maybe usefull, maybe not.
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:50 am

pauljones wrote:Not really chassis related depending on your point of view, but i have a simmilar set up to prezoom. To go further, its a twincam with the 4 speed box, I personally think that 4th is great for cruising but it does lack outright overtaking ability. Unfortunately (yeah right) its quicker to change down for a blast past, and drop back into 4th after.

If i remember correctly i think my torque was about 90ft/lbs on the dyno and fairly flat. With the above combo, but a healthy zetec at around 150ft/lbs, it should be better.

I think a QED/Paul Exon twink can be build to give a simmilar torque figure to the zetec but maybe not so low down.

Maybe usefull, maybe not.

You can certainly build a twink that will do everything a Zetec will do in the real road use world. The cost of the engine itself may be higher but the resale value will be higher with the original engine and cost of the rest of the car will be lower. Which approach you take probably depends on who you are and where you are and what you are trying to achieve :lol:

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: