Lift points on baby elan interior.

PostPost by: fattogatto » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:06 am

I'm planning on using a hoist to lift the body off. I'll use the lower outboard seat belt harness locations in the rear but can not find a suitable forward interior lift point. Any ideas about using a bar bolted between each seat mounting point with a strap between them?

Thanks
Charlie Warner
Fatto Gatto Racing
fattogatto
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: TroonSprint » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:03 am

I lifted my coupe body by bolting a strap between the outer belt mounting and the outer seat bracket hole. I threaded a 1" square bar across the car through these straps and if yours is a soft top you can lift from there. With the coupe I ran ropes from the ends of the bar up to a second bar across the roof and lifted with the engine crane on the centre of that bar. My lovely wife was needed to steady the body, but she carried no weight.

Hopefully this photo will make it clear.

Mike
Attachments
lifting-body-a.jpg and
TroonSprint
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:06 am

Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: fattogatto » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:35 pm

gjz30075 wrote:Didn't you inquire about this earlier?
lotuselan-plus2-f51/rebuild-t23379.html?hilit=engine%20hoist#p153077

I did ask the question - and received a partial answer. If you read my second post I asked a much more specific question - to which I received the exact answer I was seeking. I apologize to you for not asking the perfectly designed question the first time. Mea Culpa.
Charlie Warner
Fatto Gatto Racing
fattogatto
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: fattogatto » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:36 pm

TroonSprint wrote:I lifted my coupe body by bolting a strap between the outer belt mounting and the outer seat bracket hole. I threaded a 1" square bar across the car through these straps and if yours is a soft top you can lift from there. With the coupe I ran ropes from the ends of the bar up to a second bar across the roof and lifted with the engine crane on the centre of that bar. My lovely wife was needed to steady the body, but she carried no weight.

Hopefully this photo will make it clear.

Mike

Thanks Mike. Exactly what I needed to know regarding the seat bracket mounting points.
Charlie Warner
Fatto Gatto Racing
fattogatto
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: