Sealing Grommets/Spire clips?

PostPost by: Grizzly » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi all.

I know this may be a bit of a soft question but i have just about finished the pre assembly of the engine bay on my Elan and was thinking the best way of keeping the Grommets in place as they seem a little easy to pop out also the Spire clips in the wheel wells where covered in the same stuff but as my arches are now body coloured and not black i don't really want to make a mess.

So i was thinking maybe clear bath sealer or some thing like that but i don't know if it will have enough about it to hold the Grommets in place?

I know its not the end of the earth stuff but after the amount of time i've spent on this thing i don't want it spoilt but some black sealer that bleaches or goes mouldy so i thought i'd ask.

Cheers :wink:
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jono » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi Grizzly,

I have used this product extensively in my rebuild including the exact purposes you mention and many other uses including gluing mitres on windscreen rubbers, general bonding duties and the like. It's very versatile - a little messy to use but a good product if used with care:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adheseal-Unde ... 4897.l5667

It's actually been one of the best and most versatile products I've used and cartridge has lasted me the full build. It's similar to Tigerseal but does not go off in the tube so it last for ages. It's more flexible than Tigerseal and overall I have been well impressed

Jon
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: