Sprint Windscreen Rubbers

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:04 pm

Just a heads up really.a friend in Wigan has just fitted a windscreen to his Sprint and found that some of the windscreen rubbers that had been supplied didn't fit properl or at all.. He then had a chat to Paul Matty who explained he'd had some correct rubbers made at great expense. He has now tried one and he says the fit is perfect.. He asked me to post this, as credit where credit is due. Hopefully this will help others.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Mick6186 » Fri May 13, 2016 5:34 pm

I have just fitted the rear screen to my +2 and made the mistake of buying a non Lotus screen rubber that appeared correct on the internet site. The width of the rubber wasn't specified on the site and when I fitted it I found it was way too narrow. I ordered the correct rubber from Paul Matty, which is perfect. Lesson learnt!
Mick.
Mick6186
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Orsom Weels » Sat May 14, 2016 8:06 am

I recently fitted the screen to my friends series 3 which I'm helping him with. we used a Sue Miller rubber & that too fitted perfectly. I think it's the angle of the bottom corner joins that is/was wrong on a lot of rubbers, they are joined at 90 degrees, whereas they should be nearer 100 degrees. That's certainly the case with my series 4, the corners have pulled appart to allow the rubber to follow the correct angle :shock:
Orsom Weels
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Sat May 14, 2016 11:54 am

I had all sort of issues trying to get one that fits a few months ago so i had one made up but it still isn't right. I spoke to Sue about it at the time and she said it was being looked into so maybe it's time to revisit this and get it sorted out.

Steve, did your mate have to mitre the chrome insert or did it go round the corner without opening up the rubber? (as original)

Thanks for bringing this up, it's one of my pet hates i'd love to fix.

Hopefully some one will make some original door seal next :)
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:59 am

The Matty ones are perfect needing no alterations.
Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Sat May 14, 2016 11:59 am

Orsom Weels wrote: I think it's the angle of the bottom corner joins that is/was wrong on a lot of rubbers, they are joined at 90 degrees, whereas they should be nearer 100 degrees. That's certainly the case with my series 4, the corners have pulled appart to allow the rubber to follow the correct angle :shock:

Yep i agree, this picture sums the issue up quite well.

Original seal on top of a SJSportscar seal..
Attachments
p1040095.jpg and
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Sat May 14, 2016 12:00 pm

elanfan1 wrote:The Matty ones are perfect needing no alterations.

Music to my ears :)

Do you know what he paid for it? i have just tried to ring PM but it seems their closed.
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Sat May 14, 2016 1:29 pm

Try the website?
Steve

elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Mon May 16, 2016 3:00 pm

Once again, Thanks for posting this.

Seems i couldn't have picked a worse day to phone PM (man down in Parts) but still ?65+vat is a good price, as always their customer service is great and i can't wait to get it on the car :D
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: