The Dreaded Crack under the Side Frame

PostPost by: JonnyPlus2 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:16 am

Hi Everyone,

I have finished my Lotisserie(Tm) and I'm very happy with it. I ended up using the chassis despite the advice of my betters as I thought that the whole thing flexed too much without the chassis.

Sunday the 6th is the Big Day as I plan to pressure wash the underside of the old nail and then start fixing the damage and redoing the DPO's shite repairs. I have the dreaded crack all along the side of the floor just underneath the side frames on both sides and gee, didn't some eeyjit patch it up with matt (some of which had even been wetted down with resin) which I nevertheless managed to peel off using my wimpy old fingers.

Has anyone out there fixed these cracks before? I'm thinking that I'll have to pull the side frames to get at the damaged area and feather in the new repairs properly. Not crazy about it but now that I can peruse the damage, the side frames could stand to come out and get straightened properly.

As always your advice, comments, quips and (half-)witticisms will be much appreciated.

Best,
Jonny
JonnyPlus2
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:18 am

The task ahead is clearly keeping you up at night Jonny.

Post up some pictures of the problem areas, as it is much easier to visulise and pass comment / advise if you can see the job. It would be interesting to see your rotisserie too.

Good luck with it.

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JonnyPlus2 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:22 am

Hi Leslie,

The pics are on my phone but my Technology Consultant (aka my son) is off at a concert until Monday. Upon his return, I'll attach the pics.

Best,
Jonny
Best,
Jonny B
36/6322
JonnyPlus2
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: JonnyPlus2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:36 pm

clean-shot-3.jpg and
RH Side from back
clean-shot-2.jpg and
LH Side at the back.
clean-shot-4.jpg and
Same from different angle
clean-shot-2.jpg and
LH Side at the back.

Dunno why it duplicated one of the pics.
Attachments
clean-shot-1.jpg and
RH Side from back
Best,
Jonny B
36/6322
JonnyPlus2
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:05 am

Well get grinding and laminating. Nice summer job but don't forget the mask + rubber gloves 8)
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: