BEWARE OF YET ANOTHER SCAM .. Elan ENO 5G

PostPost by: leightonelan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:24 am

Hi ..
PLEASE be aware !!!

I saw an advert on E bay this week regarding a very cheap Elan S4 SE ..
A bit suspicious , so i contacted the seller... Told that it was his brothers car who has now died and that the car was based in Elgin , Scotland . Guy working in Berlin , so wanted to sell via E bay Pay on Delivery .....
Checked with DVLA and MOT info did not match with sellers info ..
E bay ad has now been removed and the seller would not forward a contact telephone number to me . .

Did a bit of web searching and found this post on this site from last year

Post by: Gtsdino ? Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:59 am
Hi don't know if anyone can help......found this old post (below) on your site in 2009 have messaged the person who posted it "twin cams" but am not hopeful of a reply as he doesn't appear to have used the site since that time.... I have been offered this same car at a good price but it seems to be too good to be true he gave me all this history but now says it belonged to his dad who has died - car in Scotland but he abroad he wants me to pay by PayPal pay after delivery but there is no protection for vehicles on PayPal. Advert was on eBay but has now been removed all his communication has been by email not through eBay
Was thinking it might b a scam - does anyone have any info on where this car may be now or how I could find out?

RepliesPost by: Grizzly ? Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:18 am
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1969-LOTUS-EL ... 7675.l2557

for-sale-f34/6800-mile-elan-t36447.html
I believe this was a genuine sale....

But it's being used as a Con Add at the moment (the same con add but with different sellers has been on at least twice before)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1969-LOTUS-EL ... rmvSB=true

for-sale-f34/con-add-t36715.html

Take care guys and do your research before buying any car ....

Leighton
leightonelan
New-tral

PostPost by: JimE » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:11 pm

Sounds like if you ever get to see these cars there's a chance you might find your stolen Lotus.
JimE
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: