Lotus Elan

S1 Bourne Elans - history and details of known cars

PostPost by: dunclentdr1 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:46 pm

My restoration of 26/0339 is coming towards the end and I'm going to fit a (reproduction) Bourne ID plate.

I can't find details anywhere for the body number of this car, can anyone help please?!!

Thanks

David
dunclentdr1
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Lotus14S2 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:53 pm

My car had what appeared to be grease pencil numbers inside the doors, and under the matting on the back wall of the cockpit.
There was also a hand painted number on the frame about under the rear of the driveshaft or the rear gear carrier.
My car is in restoration, but it was an old untouched car, except the body had been repainted from the original white to a red; no new primer, just red enamel over white.. This might have been done by a dealer.
I mention this because the stuff like numbers were all in place.and if your car has not had the frame refinished or in need of repair, you might find the number there.
Regards,
Tim
'63 Elan S1
'62 Elite S2
Lotus14S2
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: rstenson » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Hello
I'm the new, second owner of an S1. Some of you may have seen it on Bring A Trailer.

Chassis# 260229
Body # 2610215
Engine # LP391

Excited to learn more about the Bourne Elans.

Cheers,
Randy
rstenson
New-tral

PostPost by: mdwracer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:14 am

Randy,
Glad to see you in the discussion and great purchase! Your car is probably one of the best documented cars ever.
Mike Winebrenner
mdwracer
First Gear
First Gear

Previous

Total Online: