Carpet templates Elan S3

PostPost by: skelteanema » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:36 am

Hi all,

I am wanting to upgrade interior carpets and get some boot carpets for my Elan S3 DHC.
I tried to order a carpet set from the UK, but the cost of postage was prohibitive so I may try and get some made locally in New Zealand.

Are there any templates for the carpets? I could use the existing interior carpets as a template but I don't have any for the boot at all.

Any help appreciated.

Skelte
Skittle. 1967 Elan S3 DHC
skelteanema
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Elan45 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:13 pm

I bought a floor covering, not a carpet, but more of an insulated leatherette mat from Lotus East back about 1980 when Lotus forced closure of all their existing distributors. It is a perfect fit and I used it for the next few years in the boot of my FHC. It is a perfect fit and I should get a template/ pattern off it before it gets damaged. I have it in Florida where I'm restoring my coupe.

How would you wish to have a pattern? I suppose I can measure it and make a small drawing that you could lay out on whatever material you wish to use.And I can take photos of the actual mat so you can see what it was made of. It was also nicely hemmed around the edges.

II will be back in Florida in November and hard at work on the next step which is a new respray of monaco red. I have the body pretty well stripped to gel coat, so hoping this winter it will be going back together.

Roger
'67 Elan S3 SS DHC
'67 Elan FHC pre-airflow
'67 Elan S3 SE upgrade to 26R by Original owner
'58 Eleven S2 (ex-works)
'62 20/22 FJ (ex-Yamura)
'70 Elan +2S RHD
'61 20 FJ project
'76 Modus M1 F3
Elan45
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john1180 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:03 pm

I'd be interested as well, Roger.
John
john1180
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: skelteanema » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:54 pm

Thanks for the offer.
A scale drawing or a photo with key domensions would be good. I am sure others would be intrested as well.
Skittle. 1967 Elan S3 DHC
skelteanema
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: