Engine Tuning in Lancashire

PostPost by: Rob P » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:00 am

Morning all,
I have recently swapped out the points and existing Dizzy on my Elan S4 for a TTR electronic unit due to intermittent misfire problems which I can now say has resolved the issue after 500 miles of misfire free driving to the Jim Clark weekend at Duns.
However having set the timing up myself and the car running well I thought it would be nice to actually have the car looked at professional before the summer arrives so I can be confident all is set up nicely.
As such was wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere that would be able to stick the car on a rolling road or maybe able to crypton tune the car.
Would probably be a good idea to have someone look at the carb set up as well whilst I'm at it.

Anyone have anyone who they could recommend please

Thanks in advance
Rob P
Simplify and add lightness

Lotus Elan S4 Coupe - Wedgewood Blue
Lotus Elise S1 - Racing Green
Rob P
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: rogersste » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:28 am

I know Northallerton is in North Yorkshire rather than Lancashire but Richard at Motoscope is very good. He has loads of twin cam experience, knows Webers inside out and has a rolling road. This is the website http://www.motoscope.co.uk
I have no connection with Motoscope other than they have tuned and looked after my car for many years.
Steve
1966 Elan S3 SE DHC
rogersste
New-tral

PostPost by: MarkDa » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:10 am

Sounds like a good excuse to try out some cross country roads on the way home to me.
Unless you still bear a grudge from War of the Roses of course!
MarkDa
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Rob P » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:54 pm

Thanks Steve,
I'll look into that option, like the idea he has a rolling road, only issue I am on Strombergs but hopefully that won't be too much of an issue.

Mark,
I hold no grudge whatsoever with our friends across the border, they have some excellent roads that are well suited to the Elan :-)
Simplify and add lightness

Lotus Elan S4 Coupe - Wedgewood Blue
Lotus Elise S1 - Racing Green
Rob P
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi Rob,
The place I mentioned in Bury is:-
RE Performance centre
Bridge St
Freetown
Bury
BL9 6H
www.re-performancecentre.co.uk

They were well up to speed on Webers with stacks of spare parts.
Of course as that was what I was interested in, I do not know what else they can do.
Cheers
Eric
ericbushby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: