Local find

PostPost by: a d price » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:18 pm

I heard through a friend of a friend that an elan lived just up the road from me I ignored the talk as any Lotus is a rare sight on Anglesey but curiosity got the better of me and I started to do some digging! I was given a name and went in search. There was a good ficticious story on the forum a while back of somebody walking in the woods stumbling upon an elan in a shed. I have the same story only mine is true
The car is owned by a lovely old gentleman obviously a car buff who is not on mains electricity or water and located down a long track. He showed me where the car is in a garage wrapped in plastic and he has not opened the garage door for over 20 years. He has owned it from new and the only thing he will tell me is that it is an early FHC! Despite not having seen the car for twenty years he is not going to part with it . I have shown him pictures of my S4 and hope one day I can get to see his car
The gentleman values his privacy and does not want a load of gold diggers at his door so I wont answer any where is it emails!
There are still a few out there it seems
Alun
a d price
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:47 pm

i still am imagining this old gent having a solar powered webcam within the plastic container, so he may give us the url! sandy 36 4982, after a lovely, sunny sunday drive on some slippery tarmac: intense fog like the british stuff!
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Geoffers71 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:08 pm

Alum, that's very interesting. We lived on Anglesey for 7 years or so in the late 70s early 80s. We had a friend who was a farmer and he told of an old chap who had an Elan that he would not part with for any money despite it not being used for years. My friend had had a barney with this guy over some land and they were not on speaking terms any more :roll: , so I was unable to trace the car despite some, half-hearted admittedly, efforts to locate it. Sounds like it might be the same one?
Just had another thought.....you wouldn't be the Alun that lives in "Ceders" would you ???
1965 Elan S2 (26/4726)
2002 Elise S2 (now sold :-()
1970 Scimitar GTE
"The older I get the better I was !"
Geoffers71
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Quart Meg Miles » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:30 pm

There used to be a fair number on Anglesey in the late sixties as there was a Lotus dealer on the A5 just short of Gwalchmai. They prepared and raced a S2 for a while.
Meg

26/4088 1965 S1½ Old and scruffy but in perfect working order; the car too.
________________Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Quart Meg Miles
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: