Lotus Elan "Silver Streak"

PostPost by: pereirac » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:05 am

A friend gave me a 1967 copy of Autosport to have a look at. Inside there is an full page advert for a Lotus Elan 'Silver Streak' exclusive to a company called Moto Baldet in Northampton. Just wondered if anybody here owned one of these specials. I don't think I have even seen one at a show anywhere? I have a higher resolution copy if anybody wants one to print and keep

Carl

silver-streak.jpg and
Carl

72 Elan Sprint
87 Excel SE
97 Alpina B10

http://www.lotuselan.co.uk
pereirac
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:28 am

Carl, I've written about these in an article on unusual Elans for CL News. I'm away all this week but will dig it out on my return.

From memory they only built a couple or so and one remains in someone's possession.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: fatboyoz » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:05 am

Hi Carl,
One of our Lotus Club Queensland members has one of these cars. He is an expat UK citizen, and has been in Oz for many years, and brought his Elan with him. He repainted the car many years ago, and now rues the fact. The original colour also included an orange colour on the panel between the rear lights.
The car still sports the rubber overriders and the chrome strips mid rear flank.
Cheers,
Colin.

uote="pereirac"]A friend gave me a 1967 copy of Autosport to have a look at. Inside there is an full page advert for a Lotus Elan 'Silver Streak' exclusive to a company called Moto Baldet in Northampton. Just wondered if anybody here owned one of these specials. I don't think I have even seen one at a show anywhere? I have a higher resolution copy if anybody wants one to print and keep

Carl

Silver-Streak.jpg
[/quote]
'68 S4 DHC
fatboyoz
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Craven » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:59 am

Car refered to in fatboyoz post, good to hear its still in the ownership of the South of England Cl member at the time. I recall seeing this car at Castle Combe back in the early eight?s, he made a big mistake by allowing another member a session in it. The response of the gathering with a generous whip round was heartening.
Bumper colour was a dark coppery brown.
Craven
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: