Nice Looking car

PostPost by: MartinH » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:14 pm

img_0222.jpg and
img_0221.jpg and
img_0220.jpg and
The Photos were taken at the recent Club Lotus France track day at Linas Montelhery. This the historic banked circuit just south of Paris. The car is owned by Pierre Bourgais who built it himself as a 26R replica. I just thought it was the best looking car at the event.
I was there in my 1967 S3 but bodied as an S4 DHC and had a great time out on track despite the rain. The circuit is great with the banking being a real treat to drive on. I have some good footage of my laps but due to the amount of bad language and not knowing how to post the video I wont post it.

I then drove to Nimes in the south of France for a concert in the amazing Roman Arena. Then back to our house in Normandy in one day 520 miles in 36c temps, the wee car never missed a beat and only got up to 95c engine temp in a traffic jam.

Martin
MartinH
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:11 pm

Not too difficult to speak to Pierre, his English is very good. He also has a dark blue +2 ragtop.
He has done a lot in Trophy Seven with a friend of his at Arche Engineering who makes Lotus Seven Chassis.
He lives near Yvetot in Normandy.
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Chancer » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:07 pm

The friend being Bruce by any chance?

A real gentleman.
Chancer
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:02 am

The last time i saw Pierre was when we organised a few days visit chez Terry Piner and i invited Pierre to join us.
It was a get together of +2 Elans and great fun. Pierre invited a friend also with a +2 ragtop.
Since then he has returned to Club Lotus France after a break of many years. He was one of the founder members of Club Lotus France.
A real nice guy.
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: