Lotus Elan

Pics of Blue Elans Please

PostPost by: knockoffnut » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:18 pm

My two Elan projects have been sitting sidelined while I work on my S2 Seven. While I was cleaning it and removing parts I think I discovered that the most recent paint on it might actually be Medici blue! The paint is quite faded on the body work (the most recent registration on the car is 1976) and looks quite pale now, but when I pulled off the windscreen, in the area below the windscreen I found a patch of paint that was not faded and it looks like it might be Medici Blue. I was thinking of possibly leaving the paint as is, or reverting the car to the white, but now I would like to confirm if the blue is in fact Medici. At this point I would like to be able to mix up some PPG in Medici Blue and see how it matches the paint under the windscreen mounting, so I am wondering if any of you have a good match for Medici Blue in PPG codes (or another paint code which I might be able to cross reference, or mixing numbers)?

knockoffnut wrote:Thanks for all the pictures. The Trophy Blue looks great. I think I have settled on colours for my two projects. I will be painting another vehicle in my chosen colour to test it out. I will post some pictures when they are painted. Now all I need is some time to get the projects done...
1964 S1
1965 S2
1967 S3 SE DHC
Frankentwincam 26R
Seven S2 A
Seven S2 F
knockoffnut
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: zog » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:42 pm

Here's a nice picture of a blue Elan I did a few years ago.....
Attachments
3smurf.jpg and
zog
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: S3FHC » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:48 am

zog wrote:Here's a nice picture of a blue Elan I did a few years ago.....

now that is a beautiful blue! :D

Mark
S3FHC
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Foxie » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:43 pm

Ford Matisse Blue
Attachments
image112.jpg and
68 Elan +2, 70 Elan +2s
Foxie
Fourth Gear