Recomissioning an Elan Sprint.

PostPost by: au-yt » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:42 pm

I covered the detail of the new longer springs here
lotus-suspension-f42/elan-springs-rear-front-different-lengths-wire-diameter-t24824-15.html
This is how the car now sits. I will say I prefer the longer springs as the front of my car sits high and to be honest the car looks fresher..especially the left side which was 1/2" lower...

IMG_1042.JPG and

Next in the story is to decide on mirrors fit a drivers and passengers door mirrors....or replace the ones that came with the car...
LOTUS Evora 400
Ginetta G27 S2
66 one-off 2.6Ltr v8 Mid-engine Berlinetta Coupe........... in restoration
..................................................Age doesn't matter unless you are a cheese................................................
au-yt
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: au-yt » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:37 am

I bought some bullet mirrors from Temon Tweeks. Concave glass single mount bolt .
Yuck. Turns out use long 10/32 bolts bingo. Now I dont want to spoil the car, am I right to thank that?
LOTUS Evora 400
Ginetta G27 S2
..................................................Age doesn't matter unless you are a cheese................................................
au-yt
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Rozzer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:52 pm

Hi Graeme, just catching up with your build - well done getting it back up and running, and I was sorry to hear of Teds passing, but at least he knew you had completed his dream!
FWIW, attached are a couple of photos of my car with the "bullet" style door mirrors - not sure what the general consensus is on mirrors, but I prefer them on the door to the wing, and given they are pretty much useless in either case, I guess it comes down to how you prefer them to look rather than work!
Elan at Cars and Coffee April 6.jpeg and

P9280046.JPG and

Sorry that the All British Day was cancelled, but please do come along to the Christmas Party and Concours d'Elegance on December 7th - hopefully we can keep the weather gods at bay - given we have had three wash-outs, I think we are due a fine event! Contact Elliott if you can come so we know numbers for catering purposes and space allocation for the car!
Ashton
1954 Healey 100 (Gidget)
1958 Series 2 Land Rover
1962 Lotus Elite S2 #1591
1964 Lotus Elan S1.5 26/4177
1998 Lotus Elise S1
2003 Mini Cooper S R53
2013 BMW 118d Conv
If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space
Rozzer
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: au-yt » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:37 pm

I was looking for information in the email conversations from Ted and re read the note from his wife of his passing, it still spooks me a bit as he passed almost immediately away after studying the pictures.... :!: :(

I had a friend assist with the placement of the mirrors so have that sorted and I have plucked the courage to drill some holes and will post some pictures when I fit them.

Dec 7 for the concourse I wish I was here but I will be unable to make it.

The mirrors I bought have a single large mount bolt. I have worked out how to convert them to two bolt very easy to do, pictures to follow.
LOTUS Evora 400
Ginetta G27 S2
au-yt
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: au-yt » Thu May 07, 2015 6:25 am

Final part of the 335G story, the car has been sold and is on its way to
a collector in the north of the UK... :|
LOTUS Evora 400
Ginetta G27 S2
au-yt
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: au-yt » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:33 am

Interesting following the history of this car. Its been painted and the sprint stripes are not rignt on the left side and some on swipped the gear knob
https://www.graypaulclassiccars.com/veh ... nt-yellow/
LOTUS Evora 400
Ginetta G27 S2
au-yt
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:06 pm

On my Sprint the stripes at the back have about half their height above the rear bumper. Having said that there are many different ideas about how the stripes should be.
I see in the advert in UK they say it still has it's original chassis. Does that mean you never fitted the galvanised chassis supplied with the Sprint when you bought it.
Again sorry to ask the questions but the price that is being asked by the dealer in the UK is not the cheapest.
Thanks for understanding
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: