Restoration Costs Spreadsheet for '69 S4 SE FHC Elan

PostPost by: SantaBarbaraS4 » Fri May 26, 2017 6:23 pm

As I embarked on tearing apart my late fathers '69 Elan which had sat uncovered in the Southern California sun for 20 years, I suddenly realized I had opened a financial Pandora's box. With many parts completely destroyed or rusted out and others salvageable with varying amounts of effort, I had no way of keeping track of how much everything was going to cost once the rebuilding began. I knew I needed a way of triaging what to fix, what I could improvise and what I had to buy new.

I spent the afternoon yesterday cutting, pasting and reformatting the parts list from the Wiki page to build my own restoration manual with columns for vendors and costs. I cannot upload the entire 195 page document, so I've attached the first 30 pages in PDF. I have it in Pages for iOS as well. DM me if you'd like me to send it you the entire 7.5 MB document.

Once again into the breech!
Attachments
Restoration Workbook 1-30.pdf
Elan Restoration Manual
(1016.13 KiB) Downloaded 840 times
Evan
1969 S4 SE FHC
36/9369
Santa Barbara, CA
SantaBarbaraS4
New-tral

PostPost by: bulfin » Fri May 26, 2017 7:53 pm

Nice job! Great documentation if you sell the car. Not sure I want to know what I have spent on mine though :D .

Bob
Bob Bulfin
1969 Elan S4 DHC
Mobile, AL USA
bulfin
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elansprint » Sat May 27, 2017 7:50 am

Bob I think you mean your not sure you want the wife to know how much ?
Ian
elansprint
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Sat May 27, 2017 4:14 pm

our cars must retain their mythical status for a married couple, which means: parts are cheap, even if they aren't, major parts like a steel crank were a give away AND the value of the car is no higher than 20grand US (= SFr) ! ..............and that's the classified information which i share with HER! sandy: keeping the myths moving!
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: MykeLotus » Mon May 29, 2017 2:31 pm

Hello,

lots of work...;-)
I would very much like to have such a very helpful file. Could you please mail me the "full length" Version ?

thanks, Myke
MykeLotus
New-tral

Total Online: