side stickers for SE

PostPost by: mk2sean » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:41 pm

Hello everyone.

New on this site so a big hello to you all.

I am after some help. I am after some stripes for the side of my SE. Instead of the text that says sprint i want some other writing as its not a sprint i dont want it to indicate something it is not. I would love to get something that is very authentic but just with the text of my choice in it. Can anyone tell me where to try? Can i just about to go to paint next week and would like to get the transfers sorted soon. I dont just want to go to the local laser cutters as i wan this a sclose to original as possible.

Any help would be a massive help. I am UK based.

Dave.
mk2sean
New-tral

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:57 pm

mk2sean wrote:Hello everyone.

New on this site so a big hello to you all.

I am after some help. I am after some stripes for the side of my SE. Instead of the text that says sprint i want some other writing as its not a sprint i dont want it to indicate something it is not. I would love to get something that is very authentic but just with the text of my choice in it. Can anyone tell me where to try? Can i just about to go to paint next week and would like to get the transfers sorted soon. I dont just want to go to the local laser cutters as i wan this a sclose to original as possible.

Any help would be a massive help. I am UK based.

Dave.

Welcome Dave,

You don't say if you have an S3 or S4, or if you're having a duo-tone paint scheme done. I suspect it's a duo-tone S4. If so, Alan Thomas (** Mr.Duratec) will no doubt be able to help / advise.

However, FWIW, the OEM sill stripes (sidewinders) for S3's were discussed here:

elan-f14/sidewinders-t24756.html

Cheers - Richard

**Have a look at pics here: elan-mods-f31/duratec-project-the-finishing-touch-t22006-105.html
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mk2sean » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply. It's an s4 that I have. I will post up some restoration pics later. It's the big valve se edition. Going for red and white paint. You have a contact email for the man I need to talk to? By the way, I am a 65 year old and very computer illiterate!!!
Dave.
mk2sean
New-tral

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:59 pm

Dave,

When I did my S4 I painted the gold onto the car and had a local vinyl decal company cut the letters in the correct font, he also supplied the white pinstripes. I then clear laquered the whole thing.

To get the font correct I supplied a Sprint stripe for him to copy.

If you don't want to get involved in painting I'm sure any decal company could do the stripes supplying both the gold and white fairly easily.

I have always been pleased with the result ..........
Attachments
Stripe.jpg and
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:25 pm

mk2sean wrote:Thanks for the speedy reply. It's an s4 that I have. I will post up some restoration pics later. It's the big valve se edition. Going for red and white paint. You have a contact email for the man I need to talk to? By the way, I am a 65 year old and very computer illiterate!!!
Dave.

Dave,

When you are logged into the forum you have the opportunity to contact any member directly via a personal message (pm) or email by clicking the appropriate button at the bottom of their post(s) (assuming the options haven't been switched off by them).

I have sent you a pm!

Cheers - Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:45 pm

Hello Dave and welcome to this forum.

I am quite new myself and have received a lot of help from the people here in the past year. Sometimes what seems like a problem receives an easy answer in a very short time.

Give us an approximate location in the UK, somehow it helps.

You say you are 65 !. Get some time in, I think you need to be at least that to have developed the patience to work on these cars.

Eric in Burnley
1967 S3SE Type 45 (running again)
ericbushby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:08 pm

ericbushby wrote:I think you need to be at least that to have developed the patience to work on these cars.
Eric in Burnley
1967 S3SE Type 45 (running again)

My experience is the opposite. As I get older various parts of me, including my patience seem to be shrivelling :shock: :lol:
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: skelteanema » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 am

Hi Dave,

when I first posted on this site, with pictures of my car, a fellow lister "elanfan1" contacted me (via private message) asking if I would like to purchase stripes for the side of my S3. He indicated that he could make them with any wording such as ELAN or LOTUS ELAN. He also indicated that he sold such items on ebay at that time. I didn't take him up on his offer, but this may be a useful starting point for you. I am not sure if he is still a lister here: he will probably reply if he is.
Skittle. 1967 Elan S3 DHC
skelteanema
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elj221c » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi Dave,

Something like this?

This is a period photo.
Attachments
South Coast Elan '68.jpg and
Roy
'65 S2
elj221c
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi Dave,
As Richard mentioned (Ardee Selby) I have some experience of using non standard sidewinder stripes. A member of Lotuselan.net Adam (PastaPesto) who is local to me in Tunbridge Wells made some excellent vinyl stripes with the wording ELAN SUPERSPRINT for me, they are really nice quality and have the advantage that the white lettering is separate from the stripes (unlike the originals) leaving me the option to change the wording in the future as required. Steve ( ElanFan1) also makes excellent stripes in the same manner and is based in Welsh Wales.

There is a correct way to fit the stripes (unless you are painting them on) and others here can point you in the right direction with that, but Adam fitted my stripes for me and it was the best crate of lager I have ever spent!

Sue Miller stocks the vinyl stripes and I think that either Adam or Steve supplies her, she has various wordings in stock if I remember correctly.http://www.mickmillerlotus.com/intro.html

P1020263.jpg and

Regards and welcome to lotuselan.net
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: