Sue Miller lack of service

PostPost by: AHM » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:20 pm

So Sue doesn't always answer emails or the phone and doesn't do Fridays or weekends. It's hardly news!

I suggest that if the gentleman persists with his enquiries. He will get the parts that he desires, at a price that he likes, with the service that he expects - Meanwhile he will have to wait patiently in the queue.

Acting like a lynch mob and suggesting censorship doesn't reflect well on anyone.
AHM
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:26 pm

............even though i haven't dealt with her often (i even remember mick!!) everything is done properly and she only has two hands, so give her a break - she deserves to be treated as we gentlemen are used to treating our dames! sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:26 pm

AHM wrote:So Sue doesn't always answer emails or the phone and doesn't do Fridays or weekends. It's hardly news!

I suggest that if the gentleman persists with his enquiries. He will get the parts that he desires, at a price that he likes, with the service that he expects - Meanwhile he will have to wait patiently in the queue.

Acting like a lynch mob and suggesting censorship doesn't reflect well on anyone.

Simon,
For once I agree with you.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:15 pm

What's going on here?

First I get Jeff agreeing with me then you and Simon are cosying up. This isn't the bloody United Nations you know! Next thing Lesley will... Oh, perhaps not! :D :D
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:23 pm

Call it " The Sue Miller Effect".

Such a nice lady, it's impossible to not be affected by her calm generous spirit.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: knockoffnut » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:59 am

Hi, Could someone please post a short note on the products that Sue Miller offers, and perhaps come contact info, as I we are always looking for help in keeping our Elans on the road, here across the water and would love to send her some business if we can.
1963 Unicorn
1964 S1
1965 S2
1967 S3 SE DHC
Frankentwincam 26R
Seven S2 A
Seven S2 F
knockoffnut
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:14 pm

Please see http://www.lotuselan.net/forums/lotus-talk-f50/sue-miller-catalog-t28902.html for Sue's catalog with contact details, now downloaded over 1800 times :D
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: wee heavy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:20 pm

I have bought many items from Sue over the years and would like to add my experience of her service.First of all many items in her catalogue are not listed by anybody else, also her knowledge of our cars is a great bonus. Sue runs a one person business at the moment and really tries hard to supply fast and very slow moving obscure parts as fast as she can either send or obtain them. I for one will continue to give her my business for the foreseeable future.
wee heavy
New-tral

PostPost by: Bruce Crowthorne » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:24 pm

I can only echo the other comments. Sue is a key part of the Lotus community and is a great lady.

Yes she probably works part time and if you are not in the time zone I would recommend working out when 10am in the UK is and calling her then.

You probably can't do it but if you go and see Sue, she will make you VERY welcome, make you tea and biscuits and let you wander round the garage/ workshop / warehouse - in my case she just said have a look while I pop down to the post office. Bear in mind you will be getting access to Aladins Cave ......

Don't try and compare her to a business like Amazon etc, you will only be disappointed - her business gives GREAT service and advice.

Just my 2pence worth
Bruce
Bruce Crowthorne
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: mark030358 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:18 pm

Agree with Bruce...
mark030358
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:46 pm

Sue and her daughter are absolutely delightful people; Mick was too and is still much missed.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mark030358 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:08 pm

And I agree with Pete too...
mark030358
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: deryck » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:33 pm

Hi,

For the first time i have just purchased a load of parts from Sue,
i have to say she was amazing, what a lovely lady.
Dispatched all the parts even before i had a chance to pay Her!. Had a great conversation about micks cars and the red sprint she still owns MM 231 i think?

absolutely wonderful experience,
deryck
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:25 pm

Well that was never going to end well :lol:

Bit of a catch 22 situation, Sue could bring people in to work for her but she would rather struggle herself than put prices up and grow the business, i would agree she isn't always easy to get hold of and i do tend to time my call to catch her in a quieter period of the day but the service she provides is worth the effort.
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JonB » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:30 pm

Bruce Crowthorne wrote:I can only echo the other comments. Sue is a key part of the Lotus community and is a great lady.

This.

When I need parts I always call Sue first. She's the best. 'Nuff said.
JonB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: