Relays?

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:57 am

Orsom Weels wrote:
The Veg wrote:
Foxie wrote:The 12 fuse system in the Plus 2 is a great improvement on the original 2 fuse system used in the Elan. :)

Where are the other 10 located? I've only found 2 under the bonnet.

The original +2 only had the two fuses (one fuse box with two fuses), as per the Elans of the period, but the +2'S' had three fuse boxes each containing four fuses, mounted under the bonnet. They then went to one X Four fuse fuse box for the 'S'130's, mounted in the dash where the ash tray had been. Bit of a backward step IMHO, but I expect it save a few pence :lol:

Regards, Tim

Indeed, they also deleted the relays!

On the subject of adding relays, I've added some to the headlights and for the electric rad fan and have been using the starter solenoid as a power source. I find this looks a bit messy and besides, there is no room left to add any more. I've heard of folks installing bus-bars in the boot near to the battery. Where do others pick up power from?

Robbie
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:41 pm

For my head light relay, cooling fans, horn I picked the power up at "the" alternator. I actually mounted a little power distribution block* to the inner lip of the body above the chassis rail, below where a booster would be. I then connected to original alternator connection, power line to additional relay's fuses and fuse able link to the alternator to that.

* https://www.amazon.com/Insulated-Batter ... B005I5I5GI
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:39 pm

Ah right, good idea. Thanks Mark

Robbie
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: