CVs done. Pig of a job!

PostPost by: Grizzly » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:16 pm

davidc wrote:Studs on kelvdon cv and yes stud passes through to nyloc stud to secure. Studs and nuts are what was provided with the kit so pretty sure are right ones :?

I recently fitted the same Kelvdon kit and hit exactly the same issue. I think the nuts you require are called Type T Nylock Nuts which are more like 3/4 nuts (not Half nuts as they are too thin).

It's your call but i like to see at least two threads protruding past the Nylock band or whats the point of using locking nuts??
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Concrete-crusher » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:46 am

My A frames were bent and I took them to a forge where they straightened them quite nicely.
You might also need to replace the bushes , I used the original type supplied by miles Wilkins they are not too expensive and easy to push fit with a press.

Steve
Concrete-crusher
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: davidc » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:08 am

Grizzly, I see your point :? I'll keep my eye on them as I intend to do a few runs to check everything over before driving it seriously. the stud has been captured by the nyloc part but if it needs more they can easily be changed to 3/4 if i notice movement.

Steve, handy to know as I have a friendly steel fabricator who could do that for me :D
davidc
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: