Gearbox and diff rebuild - recommended suppliers (UK)

PostPost by: promotor » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:13 pm

1558+60 wrote:Hi Promotor,
I have a diff that requires a rebuild. Can you contact me when convenient.
Regards
Steve

Hi Steve,

I've sent you a P.M.

Cheers.
Al
promotor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Sandals man » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:00 pm

Hello promotor,please sent me your email adress to [email protected].I have question about differential rebuild.
Kind regards
Willem from holland
Sandals man
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:51 am

Without taking anything away from a forum contributor,
Cts are very good. Competion transmission services.
They have fitted my ATB into a 3.54.
Good price and great service.
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: promotor » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:17 am

Sandals man wrote:Hello promotor,please sent me your email adress to [email protected]" target="_blank.I have question about differential rebuild.
Kind regards
Willem from holland

PM sent. I'll also send a response to your email address if I don't hear back from you in a couple of days.

Cheers.
promotor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: rcfurse » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:58 am

Hi Promotor, I have a Sprint dox and diff that need looking at and the whine on my FHC diff is now worrying me.
Can you contact me?
Richard Furse
Funemployed in N Wales
S3 DHC
S4 DHC
S4 FHC
S4/Sprint
340R
SID
14 "others"
rcfurse
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: MickC » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:13 am

Hi promotor
I am rebuilding an S4 and need my diff and gearbox looking at and likely rebuilds on both.
Could you contact me please.
MickC
New-tral

PostPost by: Pete6e » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:55 pm

Hi Promoter - seems like you're the 'go to' for my 68 S3 box & diff overhaul. Could you PM me with contact details please. Thx
Pete6e
New-tral

PostPost by: smo17003 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:24 pm

Another member of the Promotor fan club here. Al's prices are very reasonable, plus he's a bit of a perfectionist so if your 'box/diff needs a bit more than just bearings and seals he'll let you know and talk you through what can/can't be done. No connection, just a happy customer.
Mike
1967 S3 FHC
1968 S4 FHC
smo17003
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:39 pm

Hi Pete6e,
Promotor appears to be very well thought of on this forum and I am sure you would be satisfied with his work.
However, as you are in Southport you are quite close to Alan and Mark Voigts in Wallasey.
They did a good job on my differential a few years ago, promptly and at a fair price.
Look up Alan Voigts for details or they advertise in the Club Lotus magazine.
Best of luck
Eric in Burnley
1967 S3SE DHC
ericbushby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: promotor » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:21 pm

smo17003 wrote:Another member of the Promotor fan club here. Al's prices are very reasonable, plus he's a bit of a perfectionist so if your 'box/diff needs a bit more than just bearings and seals he'll let you know and talk you through what can/can't be done. No connection, just a happy customer.

Perfectionist eh?! Thanks Mike. Glad you're happy!

Pete6e wrote:Hi Promoter - seems like you're the 'go to' for my 68 S3 box & diff overhaul. Could you PM me with contact details please. Thx

Thanks, message sent.
promotor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:35 pm

Al (Promotor) has done a couple of C/R gearboxes and perhaps three diffs for me, I wouldn't go anywhere else.
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: promotor » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:57 pm

Mazzini wrote:Al (Promotor) has done a couple of C/R gearboxes and perhaps three diffs for me, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Thanks very much Rob, still waiting for the heads up to do your next one!
promotor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:10 pm

Carrying on a well deserved theme in this post, I too would like to sing the praises of Al (Promotor).

I recently took delivery of my refurbished Sprint gearbox. It has just gone back into the car so I hope to be test driving it (and the rebuilt engine) very soon. All my dealings with Al were delightful. He is very enthusiastic and, as has been said, a perfectionist for whom only the best work is good enough. We had a slight issue with my main shaft, which had been slightly damaged by a PO; Al laid out all the options and was happy for me to explore these in my own time. We duly arrived at a satisfactory solution. Photos and advice were helpfully provided, too. All this for a most reasonable bill, which I was happy to pay to a craftsman who really knows his stuff.

Al's father Ron produces the wonderful cutaway posters of twin cam engines, BDA's, gearboxes and others, that have been featured on this site in the past. An example is below. They are first class computer renderings by a professional mechanic and a fascinating depiction of our Elan's engines. Ron too is a wonderful chap to chat to and I had the pleasure of meeting him when I took my gearbox up to Al in Derbyshire. If you fancy one of these artistic pictures, do contact Ron through Al.

Thanks Al and all the best for the future.

Tim
Attachments
IMG_7812.JPG and
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: promotor » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:45 pm

Tim,

Many thanks for your kind words, it's very nice to get feedback like that! It was a pleasure to meet you and to work on what is one of the best overall condition gearboxes I have dealt with, if not the best!

Here's to many miles of happy motoring!

Also, thanks from Ron for the little piece on his drawings : the old thread you allude to has disappeared due to it being inactive for a while now.
The drawing in the photo is the very first one that had the incorrect Lotus badge - drawings for sale have the correct one within.

Cheers.
Al
promotor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: