pipe line routing

PostPost by: Apx » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:21 am

Can any give me the correct routing for the flexible clutch pipe from the master cylinder on the bulk head to the slave cylinder on the bell housing, pictures would be good if possible. Cheers Neal
IF EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE GOING WELL, YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY OVERLOOKED
SOMETHING.
Apx
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:49 pm

You need to specify left-hand-drive or right-hand-drive.

I don't fuss too much about this myself on my RHD car I have a flexible clutch pressure pipe and I think I pass it over the bell housing and hold the clutch end with a clip on one of the bell housing bolts. However without crawling under the car I can't be sure of that.

I had a clutch pipe burst once after being stuck for ages in a traffic jam trying to get onto the M40 at Oxford, inching forward a few feet at a time.. Very embarrassing, as carrying a spare clutch pipe is not done. I had to be trucked away by the RAC rescue. They don't carry spare Elan clutch pipes either. :?
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Apx » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Cheers,
Its RHD early s4, mines a flex pipe in its entire length but runs down under the engine, too close to the exhaust IMHO, it just does not seem right. I would like to return back to original if i can find out what that is. Cheers Neal
SOMETHING.
Apx
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: oldelanman » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Don't know if this helps or not but my S4 originally had a 3 piece clutch line - rigid bundy tubing from master cyl to a bracket on the RHS engine mount bolt then flexible rubber to a second bracket on the bellhousing and finally rigid bundy to the slave cylinder. I have replaced it with a one piece S/S braided hose but the routing is much the same and the brackets are replaced with P clips.
Attachments
Clutch pipe routing 004.jpg and
Clutch pipe routing 003.jpg and
Roger
S4 DHC
oldelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Apx » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Brilliant, thanks for the photos they have shown me why mine appears wrong and with a little re-routing i can get it right, its just whether i do it now or go to the pub and leave it to tomorrow.... Neal
SOMETHING.
Apx
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: