Rear bearing play ?

PostPost by: Concrete-crusher » Thu May 28, 2015 4:18 pm

Hi , I had a problem with the rear knock on spinner coming loose which I thought was probably down to inadequate tightening and the fact the threads were not completely clean , so now it's tight and clean. However there is a small amount of play which I think comes from the bearings. Page 8 section G of the manual quotes a maximum of 1.27mm under wobble.

This seems quite a lot if it refers to movement in the bearings , or am I misunderstanding where the wobble originates.

Btw on the other side there is no play or wobble.

Steve
Concrete-crusher
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: jono » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:12 am

Steve,

It may be worth checking your shaft has not spun on the inner bearing race - just been through this (my rear suspension also had a pronounced knock due to the shaft slopping about in the bearing race)

Regards

Jon
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:47 am

Concrete-crusher wrote:Hi , I had a problem with the rear knock on spinner coming loose which I thought was probably down to inadequate tightening and the fact the threads were not completely clean , so now it's tight and clean. However there is a small amount of play which I think comes from the bearings. Page 8 section G of the manual quotes a maximum of 1.27mm under wobble.

This seems quite a lot if it refers to movement in the bearings , or am I misunderstanding where the wobble originates.

Btw on the other side there is no play or wobble.

Steve

The wobble the manual quotes is total run-out of the wheel mounted on the hub. Bearing play should contribute nothing to this and you should not be able to feel any movement in the rear hub bearings. Any movement is normally a bearing on the way out or the bearing loose in the alloy housing.

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: