Castle Combe Club Lotus and Silverstone Classic

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:01 am

I finally got around to booking for the Silverstone Classic today. My +2 will be gate crashing the infield parking area reserved for the Historic Lotus Register who currently don?t recognise Elans. As I am webmaster for Historic Lotus Register and a friend of the chairman I don?t think the membership will harrumph too much about a ?plastic fantastic? being parked next to ?proper cars?. I haven?t attended for a few years, so am looking forward to this excellent event. Is anyone from here going?

Also, I have booked the White Hart hotel for Friday 25th May, this is an excellent old world English pub that has very comfortable accommodation just a couple of miles away from Castle Combe circuit, I think a few of us stayed here last year mostly on the Saturday night and had a good time.

Castle Combe Club Lotus trackday is a free to attend event taking place on Saturday 26th May, the gates open around 7:30 am and there are good onsite facilities for visitors. You can buy an ontrack package from Club Lotus http://www.clublotus.co.uk/events/club- ... -2018.aspx Last year we had the 50th anniversary of the +2 to celebrate and managed to attract a huge number of cars, there are no anniversaries for our cars this year but still plenty of reasons to attend this event. It?s free, people swap and sell parts, great location, plenty of cars to look at, and some very gentlemanly track action.

I look forward to seeing friends old and new.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Geoffers71 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi Alan, I have booked for the Silverstone Classic, but I will be going with my son in the Scimitar GTE. This will be our third year running. We usually camp at Woodlands, which means that the Elan can't carry the tent and the rest of the paraphernalia one needs hence the Scim. I will look out for you though and you shouldn't be difficult to find if you're the only Elan in the HLC stand :lol: We will be on the Scimitar Owners Club stand and mine is the only Silver GTE.
We'll be at Combe as usual too, but in the Elan. Certain to see you there.......probably :wink:
1965 Elan S2 (26/4726)
2002 Elise S2 (now sold :-()
1970 Scimitar GTE
"The older I get the better I was !"
Geoffers71
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: