Complete guide to the best of Lotus.

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:50 pm

richardcox_lotus wrote:Bear in mind this magazine is a collection of articles over the last few years related to Lotus, so the information is only as good as the quality control that occurred when the article was first written.

Anyone who reads daily newspapers will be well aware at the lack of copy checking or fact checking....

For the price of 3 lattes (or 2 pints.....just) I thought it a reasonable purchase. A definitive bible it is not

Agreed- all piss and cabbage water... ;-)
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Certified Lotus » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:01 am

I mistakenly bought both editions "The complete Guide to The Best of Lotus" and "Guide to the Lotus Collectors Edition". Only the covers are different. Exact same info on the inside.

As stated before, a hodgepodge of Lotus info that has been pieced together. A few articles I had not read before so still interesting reading. And another addition to my collection of everything Lotus.
Glen
05 Elise - Back where I started
65 Elan S2 - 26/4055
72 Europa - 74/2358R
69 Elan S4 - 45/7941
64 Elan S1 - 26/0379
12 Colin 30 - Lotus Racing Kart
07 Exige S - Wicked Road/Track Car
07 Exige S - Fast Road/Track Car
06 Elise - Track pack
Certified Lotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:04 pm

Zetecs! Wonderful, enjoyable reading...... Agreed that the Ford Kent article was a bit odd?

Graham Chapman has obviously been confused with Colin Arnold and the whole thing was just stitched together from archive material without any form of proof reading.

The Spyder advert which consumed 20 odd pages begs for a complete guide as to how to convert a +2 into an Elise alternative, I really must get my archives sorted and produce the book, maybe people will pay ?6.99 as a donation to LE.net to download it?
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: