Drawing Query?

PostPost by: KevJ+2 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Today I reassembled the front suspension and did so well, I moved onto fitting the front discs. Referring to the workshop manual (section C Page 10), I attached it to the hub only to discover that the drawing in the manual (and also the parts manual) show the disc back to front. I hope it's just not the way I see it, and forgive me if I'm wrong. Has anyone else noticed this?
Kev.
KevJ+2
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Bud English » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:51 am

Kev- It's been awhile since you posted this and I'm surprised no one has responded. I think it must be the way you're looking at it. The drawings are correct. The offset in the dust shield matches the offset in the disc. It won't go together the other way around.

...but you probably know that by now. Since nobody answered your question right away I'm betting you sorted it out for yourself.

Here's a pic that Rohan posted awhile back (I copied it from the gallery section. I didn't have one of my own resized to load).
plus 2 caliper.JPG
plus 2 caliper.JPG (76.9 KiB) Viewed 767 times
Bud
1970 +2S Fed 0053N
"Winnemucca - says it all really!!"
Bud English
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:04 am

I pulled out my manuals to check the drawings and they appear correct to me showing the centre section pointing outwards. Sometimes 3 D perspectives can trick the eye and briain and this could make the centre section of the disk appear to point inwards rather than outwards Its like the trick drawings where you can see both an old woman or a young woman depending on how the eye / brain responded

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: KevJ+2 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:54 am

Thanks Bud and Rohan, I literally had my eyes tested three days ago but unfortunately my new glasses don't arrive till next week. I haven't seen any naked ladies in my garage yet but if I do, I'll keep my old glasses and put up with the back to front brakes. :D
Kev.
KevJ+2
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: