Elan S4 Project

PostPost by: Gavin spencer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi i am thinking of selling my S4 elan 1968 DHC. Ive got a full rebuilt rolling chassis with its V5, and a newly rebuilt engine and gear box however this is no body. Lots of new parts included. Any ideas on a price before it goes up for sale on this forum.
Cheer Gavin
Gavin spencer
New-tral

PostPost by: jimj » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:11 pm

The trouble is that the virtually unobtainable items, window frames, motors, seats etc. are all on the body. Effectively your package is only of interest to someone restoring an Elan with a rusted chassis and worn engine. You can price the engine at, say, ?1500 and what`s a rolling chassis worth? It depends on condition but I wouldn`t think a great deal unless everything is brand new.
List everything exactly in your ad. and with the V5 maybe I`m miles out.
Jim
jimj
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:10 pm

I would put the engine at closer to ?3k, maybe more, if it's been rebuilt properly (including carbs etc.). The box is probably only about ?250 ish.

I've just sold a new Lotus chassis on here for ?950, which seems to be the going price. If the suspension / steering / brakes / wheels etc.have been overhauled to a professional standard, then you should be able to add ?700 or so to the chassis price, which makes something just under ?2k for a rolling chassis.

So all up I think you're looking at something around ?5k, and that's without valuing the V5 at anything.

Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: