English Ford gathering at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

PostPost by: bluesbrother30 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:20 am

Group, although not Elan in nature, I thought some here on the Left Coast might be interested. On April 30th/May 1st, the SCCA/HSR-West will be holding the only SCCA Vintage race here on the West Coast. One of the features of the weekend will be a English Ford gathering featuring the Lotus Cortina. As of this date we have 9 Lotus Cortina race cars expected as well as a bunch of really nice Cortina and Lotus Cortina street cars. On Saturday, $20.00 will get you a lap of the track and a lunch. Saturday evening we are having a special dinner near the track featuring two truly interesting characters. Our guests for the evening are Bob Winkelmann, race car driver and car builder and Syd Carr one of the original Team Lotus mechanics. Syd spent three years on the Lotus Cortina team working with Jim Clark, Graham Hill and Jackie Stewart. Both Bob and Syd will be narrating a photo show we are putting together. Should be some great stories................ If anyone is interested in attending, let me know off forum at "[email protected]" and I will put you on the email list. There might be a charge to get into the race track ($10.00?) but the dinner on Saturday night is free, just the cost of your dinner.

Mike Summers
bluesbrother30
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:08 am

Mike,

Sent you an email.

Regards,
Dan Wise
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: