French registration question

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:11 am

Salut Guys

A question or two if you know:

1. got my Quitus Fiscal - but unlike the last one it doesn't say that I can drive the car for a month. Otherwise it looks exactly the same - do you know if there have been changes and I can't drive the car?

2. CT went OK, but the prefecture in Lyon didn't like the Certificat de Conformit? that Lotus supplied. Admittedly it was dated 1968 but so what? They said they wanted a Certificat de Conformit? Europ?an and finished by saying that I had to have the FFVE certificate. I don't mind paying 50? to the FFVE but I don't want to wait 2/3 months. The woman at the prefecture wasn't very receptive - and she took 40 minutes with the guy before me. I was wondering about going down to Valence to try the prefecture there - do you reckon the reception could be different?

@+

Vernon
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Old English White » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:17 pm

vernon.taylor wrote:Salut Guys

A question or two if you know:

1. got my Quitus Fiscal - but unlike the last one it doesn't say that I can drive the car for a month. Otherwise it looks exactly the same - do you know if there have been changes and I can't drive the car?

2. CT went OK, but the prefecture in Lyon didn't like the Certificat de Conformit? that Lotus supplied. Admittedly it was dated 1968 but so what? They said they wanted a Certificat de Conformit? Europ?an and finished by saying that I had to have the FFVE certificate. I don't mind paying 50? to the FFVE but I don't want to wait 2/3 months. The woman at the prefecture wasn't very receptive - and she took 40 minutes with the guy before me. I was wondering about going down to Valence to try the prefecture there - do you reckon the reception could be different?

@+

Vernon

Vernon,
Wait for my PM.
Christian. :mrgreen:
Old English White
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Vernon
Check the document from Lotus. They can sometimes supply the wrong one.
It has to say Certificat de Conformit? on it. They have sent the French type approval cert in the past.
Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Lotus Bleue » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi Vernon

I got my car registered last wednesday . It took 15 minutes ...
After having spend 2 hours the day before unsucessfully :roll:

What I did is I got a copy of a "Certificat d'immatriculation" of another french registered car,
- Quitus fiscal
- and (from Lotus) : Attestation d'identification d'un v?hicule ? un type communautaire,
instead of the red striped document they mail me first (Named : Soci?t? anonyme "Royal Elys?es")
- The british registration documents.

The registration is not as a "collection" type.

OEW was of a great help (Thks again to him)
Lotus Bleue
New-tral

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi LB

Yes, OEW carefully explained the same to me over the phone - thank you OEW.

Funnily enough Harvey Thomas emailed a scan of the exact same document a couple of minutes later! Hopefully I'll get the original in a few days.

I spoke to OEW about his opinion on the 'Carte grise de collection', too. I don't know enough about possible future politics concerning old cars in France - I would think it could go either way (positive or negative) if it went anywhere at all. Perhaps I'm kidding myself that if all 10-year-old and more cars are banned (from city centres) ther'll be an exception for 'les voitures de collection'. What do you think?

@+

Vernon
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: terryp » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:47 pm

vernon.taylor wrote:Perhaps I'm kidding myself that if all 10-year-old and more cars are banned (from city centres) there'll be an exception for 'les voitures de collection'
Vernon

I think this would be logical also but since when is French Politics/etc logical????????

Terry
terryp
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:22 pm

Salut

Got it registered today with the 'Attestation d'identification d'un v?hicule ? un type communautaire'. I asked for a CG vehicule de collection but was given a normal one - didn't notice until I got home. Managed to get the Prefecture on the 'phone and they said I have to wait until I get the final CG before they can do anything. I didn't unfortunately get the 'MY-107-US' registration that I had composed - I guess one of you guys got there before me :-(

@+

Vernon
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Lotus Bleue » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:42 pm

Well done Vernon... 8)
You see it was'nt that difficult. :wink:
Lotus Bleue
New-tral

PostPost by: alan.barker » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:11 pm

vernon,
if you know someone in the U.K. it's better to get the car registered using their address. After in France you do not need a Quitis Fiscal because the car already belongs to you or a bill of sale. It's better with "carte grise collection" now because there are no restrictions now + C.T. every 5 years.
On the application for the Attestation de FFVE 50? you put the VIN number from the car's ident plate in the engine bay + 2 photos.
Alan B
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:27 pm

Salut Alain

Thanks for the advice, but everything sorted now. With hindsight I should have registered in England at my mum's just to have access to the DVLI records.

The rest of the paperwork was OK and I learnt this time round that Lotus can supply a 'certificat de conformit?' which eliminates the FFVE certificate - so quicker, easier and cheaper.

Yes, I chose a 'carte grise de collection' - couldn't think of any reason why not and at least one reason why.

@+

Vernon
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: