Just Another Aussie Lotus Sunday Drive.

PostPost by: ceejay » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:59 am

Ok Guys... time for a bit of entertainment. A short Go Pro video shot recently in "The hills". A bit of elan driving fun, pity the road was not a bit drier, but it's already on the "Must Drive" list for next Summer. Sit back and enjoy.
https://vimeo.com/169308010
Ceejay
PS
This particular Aussie road was just a gravel mountain road up until a few years ago, and it is rumoured that many more motor bike riders swarm onto this road than car drivers... but I think that might change in the future.
Live your dream-wear your passion.
http://elantrikbits.com/lotus-elan-blog/
ceejay
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: nomad » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:21 pm

Ahhhh, no traffic! :D

Kurt.
nomad
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jentwistle3 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:02 pm

Nice!
Jentwistle3
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Stevie-Heathie » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:27 pm

Earplugs for the wife? :-)
Steve
1967 S3 SE DHC
1970 +2S (RIP - went out in a blaze of glory in 2001)
Stevie-Heathie
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: ceejay » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:25 pm

Hey Guys...this road in particular has very little traffic, but heaps of M/Cycles in the summer, on that drive I saw only two M/bike riders and one car for the entire 63km of great driving road... so yes, it was nice, I do a lot of solo drives in the elan and if the hard top is on I always use ear plugs, bot not with the top off.

We have in this part of Australia (Victoria) some of the very best Lotus roads, and the best part is that if you choose to drive them at the right time of the year, and early in the morning there is very little other traffic to spoil your spirited "lotus drive, and even if there are other cars, they provide a bit of overtaking fun.
Ceejay
ceejay
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: