Lotus-books

PostPost by: Olympicblue » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:22 pm

Hi everybody

Does anyone recently order on www.lotus-books.com ?

Damien
Elan Plus 2 S130/5 1974
Olympicblue
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: skelteanema » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:22 am

Hi Damien,

when I first bought my Lotus Elan back in 2000, I got the workshop manual, parts manual and twin cam book (Miles Wilkins) from Richard Spelberg at Lotus Books. I was somewhat surprised to receive photocopies of the books rather than originals as this was not clear from the website; however, they were well presented (the workshop manual came in two hardbound volumes, and the parts manual in a single hard bound volume, while the TC book was a softcover book). At the time, the TC book was out of print so this was probably the only source, other than copies off ebay. I wasn't too unhappy with the books at the time as they were reasonably priced, and proved useful.

Now that i have had a few years to think about it, I am sceptical whether the sale of photocopies in completely above board as copyright probably still exists on all the books being sold and I doubt royalties are being paid.
Skittle. 1967 Elan S3 DHC
skelteanema
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: reb53 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:50 am

Seen this Skittle ?
Good price, and useful from time to time.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listin ... 1448032674

Ralph.
Napier.
reb53
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: skelteanema » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:01 pm

Hi Ralph,
Yeah I have seen this. This book seems to be more available now, I assume it has been reprinted as a few years ago it was really hard to get (and certainly not for NZ$15).

I have to say that I am well endowed with Lotus books, having the workshop manuals (three versions), parts manuals (two versions), Robinshaw and Ross book, Brian Bucklands book, TC engine book, Gordon Lunds restoration guide, and a few others that I can't recall.

Am hoping that the revised material in Brians new edition book comes out as a supplement as I don't think I can justify the spend of getting another copy! Brian was great as he halved postage for me at the time to help with costs, and it is one of the most useful books I have.

Did you see the Elan engine:
https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-pa ... 421297.htm
They were trying to sell the car complete, obviously didn't sell so now seem to be parting it out.
Skittle. 1967 Elan S3 DHC
skelteanema
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: reb53 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:07 am

Yep, seen that engine.
When asked, the seller said the remains of his written off Elan race car had been sold, and, "would live again".

I too hope that Brian will release the supplementary info in his book separately and able to be purchased by those who already have his original book.
Paypal and a pdf would work also, and be a lot easier for Brian.
reb53
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: