Lotus Owners Gathering in Colorado

PostPost by: mr.vman » Tue May 26, 2015 3:01 am

Lotus Owners Gathering, this year is located in Colorado, end of August. Have not read about any posters going to the event, or even planning for the event yet. I am going, and have been helping with organizing "tech" sessions. If the event goes as planned, should be plenty to do. So........anyone else going to LOG?
Steve V. In Arizona
mr.vman
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Gordon Sauer » Tue May 26, 2015 5:14 pm

Oh yea going Gordon Sauer Dallas
Gordon Sauer
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: tvacc » Tue May 26, 2015 5:36 pm

I am going but as the current President of Lotus Ltd, I would be expected to.

Should be a good event. Bobby Unser is our main speaker. He holds a record at Pikes Peak in a Lotus 23.

Please plan on attending.

Tony V
Tony Vaccaro
LOONY (Lotus Owners of New York)
http://www.lotusowners.com
Drive Fast Take Chances
ElanGTS, 93 Caterham, 05 Elise,
99 Elise190, 05 Elise, 2005 MiataSpeed Turbo
tvacc
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Certified Lotus » Tue May 26, 2015 6:41 pm

I'll be there but without my Lotus. I'll be the guy shooting videos and some photography.
Glen
05 Elise - Back where I started
65 Elan S2 - 26/4055
72 Europa - 74/2358R
69 Elan S4 - 45/7941
64 Elan S1 - 26/0379
12 Colin 30 - Lotus Racing Kart
07 Exige S - Wicked Road/Track Car
07 Exige S - Fast Road/Track Car
06 Elise - Track pack
Certified Lotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:13 pm

I'll be there.
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: DeanG » Sat May 30, 2015 4:23 pm

We (wife & I will be there) hopefully one of the 91' Elans will be capable of making the trip.
DeanG
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: William Taylor » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:21 pm

Having attended my first LOG in 2004 (when I still lived in the UK) and many since, I am hoping this will be my first LOG where I actually have a Lotus..... it's only 50 miles away from where I live!

It is looking like it is going to be BIG. I think the hotel is fully booked and there are going to be a lot of cars there. Looking forward to it.
William Taylor
New-tral

PostPost by: nomad » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:45 pm

Looks like I've been on the fence too long to get a room but I may crash the party without a finished Lotus.

Kurt
26/3754
nomad
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: William Taylor » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:15 pm

You should put your name on the reservations list at the Marriott. They will get cancellations, always happens!

Don't worry, there are always plenty of people who can't bring their car and just grab rides with locals. We have several club members who are trying to bring several cars and will have empty seats for things like the drive up Pikes Peak.

There are also plenty of good hotels really nearby.
William Taylor
New-tral

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:22 pm

William Taylor wrote:Don't worry, there are always plenty of people who can't bring their car and just grab rides with locals. We have several club members who are trying to bring several cars and will have empty seats for things like the drive up Pikes Peak.

And I'm one of them. Unless someone brings an extra car looking for driver :D
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:25 pm

For those of you who have not yet made hotel reservations there are three options if you still want to come to LOG:
1. Call Monique Brown at the Marriott (719) 268-4218 and ask her to put you on the waiting list. She will be monitoring any LOG 35 cancellations and will notify the next person on the waiting list as soon as possible if a room frees. Or, you can ask her for one of the premium rooms on the concierge floor which are not in the group and carry a higher rate with added amenities.
2. Call Misha Lee at the Hyatt House http://www.coloradosprings.house.hyatt.com (719) 278-4102 where we have arranged studio rooms at the same $119 rate, and one bedroom suites at the same $139 rate, as those at the Marriott. The Hyatt House is about three blocks from the Marriott at the same exit off I-25. You will still have a guaranteed parking space at the car park at the Marriott for the entire weekend so you can fully participate in the events there. Mention LOG 35 or Lotus to get that rate.
3. Put yourself on the waiting list with a backup reservation at the Hyatt House and if you haven?t been called by Monique Brown by August 15th, keep your room at the Hyatt House. If she does call prior to the 15th, cancel the Hyatt House and take the Marriott room.

As you might imagine, we are delighted with the enthusiasm you Lotus Owners have demonstrated for LOG 35 and we look forward to delighting you with the LOG we have planned for you. :D
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Harvey » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:15 pm

Steve,

My wife and I will be there but driving the Elise instead of our +2. Excited about driving the "loneliest road" (Hwy 50) through Nevada and Utah from northern California.

Lee
Jackson, CA
Harvey
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:22 pm

Harvey: You will love your trip on "The Loneliest Road" :D It is a blessed relief from the interstate grind. Just remember to fill your tank in Fallon before heading out onto the "lonely" part. Here is what I wrote in my book about coming home in my Lotus Seven:

"There are about a dozen little ranges of ?mountains? that run in parallel fashion, north/south across the state. US 50 runs straight as a string across the valley floors between these ranges and then wiggles up and over to the next valley floor then straight til the next wiggle?an absolutely perfect sports car road except for one thing. It is ?The Loneliest Road in America?

Once you leave Fallon at the western edge of Nevada until you reach Ely in the Eastern part of Nevada, a distance of 256 miles, there are only two towns with any services at all: Austin and Eureka. Fallon to Austin is about 110 miles, another 75 or so to Eureka and then 73 more to Ely. In between these points is a whole lot of empty! No gas, no food, people, or cell phone service, and almost no traffic. One vehicle every half hour is typical, and sometimes one can go an hour without seeing any other traffic"

Have fun and come see me a LOG for a gift copy of my book for having made the trip :wink: :wink:
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:10 am

Great to see all the enthusiasm and attendees. I will be taking the Esprit to this LOG, Should be a nice run down through Idaho. Really looking forward to the Pikes Peak run and the local drives. :D

Stu
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mr.vman » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:53 pm

Stu,
The +2 will be there if all goes to plans.......in the trailer. Too far, and too hot to drive the +2 (no XM radio or AC). I know, you have done long drives and Lee has driven his +2 distances. I know of an early, S1 Elan being driven to LOG, really early. The parking lot should be amazing.
Steve V. In Arizona
mr.vman
Second Gear
Second Gear

Next

Total Online: